Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to go get my RR tomorrow and I'm really torn on the color.

I want to remove all of the stock decals from the bike whether I go with Red or Black. I've been searching and it seems Honda didn't clear some of the tanks depending on color and year.

So my question is for 2006 are the tanks clearcoated for the Red/Blk and the Black?

Also I think it would help a lot of people out if we complied a list of years and colors that are clear coated. Please post an answer if you own that particular year and color.

2003:
- Red - Cleared
- Black - Not Cleared
- Yellow - Not Cleared

- Red - Cleared
- Blue - Not Cleared
- Black w/ Silver wing - Cleared

- Red - Cleared
- Black - Not Cleared
- Black w/ Tribal - Cleared
- Silver w/ Black wing - Cleared

- Red - Cleared
- Black - Not Cleared
- Silver - Not Cleared
- Orange - Cleared

KEYWORDS: Tank Clearcoat Decal Sticker Remove Removal Paint

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
OK... here's the deal: the only tanks that have the decals clear coated over are the bikes that have the wings on them. i believe all of the plain tanks are coated as well, i have not scratched my blue tank deep enough to tell for sure and i don't plan to.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you're saying ALL of them are cleared? lol

I would like to know for sure about all of them as well since the ones without wings also have the logos on them.

I know all of the bikes are cleared everywhere, its just a matter of finding out whether Honda cleared OVER the decals.

·
6,874 Posts
KulSecHskY said:
2003:
- Red - Cleared
- Black - Not Cleared
- Yellow - Not Cleared

- Red - Cleared
- Blue - Not Cleared
- Black w/ Silver wing - Cleared

- Red - Cleared
- Black - Not Cleared
- Black w/ Tribal - Cleared
- Silver w/ Black wing - Cleared

- Red - Cleared
- Black - Not Cleared
- Silver - Not Cleared
- Orange - Cleared
this should be the list.

·
6,874 Posts
KulSecHskY said:
So you're saying ALL of them are cleared? lol

I would like to know for sure about all of them as well since the ones without wings also have the logos on them.

I know all of the bikes are cleared everywhere, its just a matter of finding out whether Honda cleared OVER the decals.
like i said... the only colors with the decals CLEARED OVER are the bikes with the big black or silver wing and both the wing piece and the HOnda logo are cleared. the bikes WITHOUT the wings are cleared, but the Honda logo is not, it comes off with a hair dryer.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
well they are all clear coated right? you are just talking about if its over the honda wings decal or not right? because i have a black 2006 and its cleared just not over the decals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts