Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to sell my 05 tribal because i have found some 07s for a great price. there are two that i have found and dont really know which one i should get, so i am asking for opinions and insight.

bike 1:
it is an 07 600rr pearl white with 2700 miles. it was dropped and there is slight (scuffs) on the black mid fairing. it is listed at $5000 firm.

bike 2:
07 red and black with about 4800 miles, it has a rebuilt title but the plastics and all have been fixed. it is listed at $4500. and includes a helmet and gloves.

i would like to know which one you would purchase if you were in my shoes and give reasons why. also whats the down fall of buying the rebuilt title ?

thanks in advance

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
Bike #1
was probably ether laid down at very low speeds or just got dropped hard. it also has lower mileage. The bike will cost a little bit more money to get back to show room condition but at least you have a better idea of what its been through. $500 more is worth almost 1/2 the mileage and having a better idea of where the bikes been. Also considering bike #1 has a clean title it will be worth more when you go to sell it in the future.

Bike #2
has a rebuilt title, Which means at some point in time it was a salvaged bike and someone probably later on down the road bought it from an auction or off of an insurance company and rebuilt the bike from what ever condition the bike was in. Problem here is you really have no idea where that bike has been. Their so many different things that bike could have went through. It could of been anything from a Hugh wreck to a stolen bike that was later recovered then rebuilt. Ether way the insurance company most likely totaled the bike out. Its got almost twice the mileage and you have no real idea of its history. The resale value is gonna suffer later on down the road which it already is as of now.

I say go with bike #1
reason being is it was ether laid down at low speeds, Or just got dropped quite nicely. both really aren't that big of a deal. The mileage is also lower which really isnt a Hugh deal considering their both fairly low mileage bikes. Bike #2 could of been through hell and back and you may never know. If it was me I'd go for bike #1. Overall its gonna take a little bit of work to get her in perfect working order but at least or going to have the peace of mind that you newly acquired baby wasn't beat on to the point where it was consider non operational. In a few years from now when you decide you want that next newest high tech bike your not going to have to save as much money because you probably just made your self a few extra dollars by choosing the bike with the clean title. Then you can post up hear all over again asking which bike would be better.

So If I were in the market for a new bike and those two bikes were all I had to chose from I'd personally go for bike #1 and start searching e-bay or the for sale section of this site looking for the few extra parts needed to make her look brand new all over again. Anyways man its all up to you with what you want.

Ether way good luck with your next bike man...

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
First one.

Bike's get dropped, big deal. The fact is it is fixable and worth more than 5k.

I don't like rebuilt titles for the mere fact that they don't hold value.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I second the notion of going with bike 1. I wouldn't feel safe being that bike 2 has a salvage title. No telling what exactly happened or the money and effort put into repairing bike 2.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
For me without a doubt bike 1

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
bike #1... 4500 for a rebuilt title is a bit much in my opinion, don't think i'd pay more than $3500 for a rebuilt bike, unless they had proof it was an entire frame over w/ all reciepts & proof of work done

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input guys. If I get mine sold and bike 1 is still for slaw then I will be posting pics. LOL once again thanks for the input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts