Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
problem. you have a 2006 600rr with a full yoshi rs5 system, a power commander and a few cosmetic mods.

You also have a 2001 SP1 with yoshi slip ons and a few basic and cosmetic mods.

Both look as shiny and neat as the day they rolled off the showroom floor. Both have around 12000 kms on the clock. There is no mechanical or cosmetic fault to be found on either. But you cannot keep both.

You ride the commute in traffic during the week and the twists-turns-and-long-straights on the weekend. But you cannot keep both.

which would you ditch and why?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
keep the 6 man...

i've wanted a SP1 for years, though.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Your SP1 is no longer being manufactured. There aren't going to be anymore of them.

Compared to the SP1 the 600RR is a dime a dozen. You can always buy another 600RR and the next one you get might be the current generation one which would be a nice upgrade from where you are now.

I'd hate to have to sell either but I think I'd keep the SP1.

Here's another thought: Sell them both and get a 08/09 1000RR.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have to concur with dondi. The SP1's still a nice looking bike. I used to see one everyday on the way to class and it still caught my eye, even next to newer models from other manufacturers.

·
Registered
962 Posts
i'd keep that SP1 one man, they are so hooottt! You can buy another 600, those SP1's are getting hard to find

·
Registered
229 Posts
If this is going to be your only bike for a while I would keep the 600rr probably. If it was a black SP2 it might be a different story though...

thats a VTR. but i would keep both if they are both paid for. doesnt cost anything to keep other than issuance
VTR1000, RVT1000, RC51...same bike 00-01 SP1 02-06 SP2

·
Registered
837 Posts
+1 for keeping both, just store the one you aren't using, or else its like that scene at the end of the movie the good son :icon_lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts