Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, So I did something stupid and ran out of gas completely while riding around. I had someone grab some gas so I could get moving again. Turns out it was old gas, I did not put too much into the tank. I got it to start for a minute then it died again and refused to start. I then had them go get me new premium fuel and even then it wouldnt start right away. When we got it started it spewed white smoke for awhile which I had assumed it was the bad gas going through the system. Now it does not smoke upon startup but when it is revved up it will spit out a couple bursts of white smoke. I dont know how I should go about fixing this or will it resolve itself just through burning through the rest of the tank?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Hi, So I did something stupid and ran out of gas completely while riding around. I had someone grab some gas so I could get moving again. Turns out it was old gas, I did not put too much into the tank. I got it to start for a minute then it died again and refused to start. I then had them go get me new premium fuel and even then it wouldnt start right away. When we got it started it spewed white smoke for awhile which I had assumed it was the bad gas going through the system. Now it does not smoke upon startup but when it is revved up it will spit out a couple bursts of white smoke. I dont know how I should go about fixing this or will it resolve itself just through burning through the rest of the tank?
my bet is that either its normal water vapor

or the fact that the motor is free reving, loading up on fuel a bit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like water vapor.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I deal with this a lot with people accidentally putting e85 in there tanks. Ordinarily I end up draining the tank and putting fresh gas in. After that you pretty much have to beat the snot out of it and it will eventually clear up on its own. Just need to get out and run it. Shouldn't take very long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts