Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got our first good snow of the year this morning :) Not enough to really play in , just enough to look at. My baby's out in the mess (got turned in for having it inside my apt... bastards).
Don't think I'll be riding today lol... Sad thing is it was 70* a couple of days ago! Gotta love the south.

it was also Freds first snow, he wasn't distracted though... walked right out the door and popped a squat lol. Thought that was picture worthy ha

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Nice pic of the dog sh!t.... I hate walking my dog when it's cold outside. When she craps it looks like hot lava with all the steam coming off of it.

Can't believe you guy's leave the bikes out like that without even chaining them together, I wouldn't be able to sleep.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
^^^i know right.

i am so sad to see them all covered in snow. i think you should invest in a bike cover to protect it as much as possible

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got in trouble for locking it up under the stairs outside my door, UNDER the stairs... in the way of nothing. They said it was against fire code b/c it blocks a breezeway? So then I started keeping it inside out on my balcony. Overheard my old crippled chain smoking neighbors turning me in a couple of weeks ago b/c it's a ''fire hazard' to have it inside my apt... The apt folks never came and said anything to me, but they told the old farts "they'd look into it". I havn't had it back in here since, I don't think its illegal. I mean that would mean you better not have ANYTHING with gas in it on a balcony. I was kind of hoping they would say something to me so I could bitch back at them. This place sucks. Same old fart that turned me in lets his dog **** right off our patios so if you walk in the grass its like a mine field of poop. And I think his old ass smoking inside the apt is more likely to burn our apts down as opposed to a few gallons of gas on the balcony.
I do have the chain/lock I bought for the stairs that I can use outside, only problem is I would only use it if I could park next to my truck (lock it to my truck)... I don't even know the kid with the cbr1000. But as much as he's in and out on his bike, I'm sure he doesnt wanna fool with unlocking his bike from mine just to ride. As beat up as his bike is, pretty sure he's not worried about it getting stolen lol. I've looked at some wheel locks but can't justify the $..... if somebody wants it they'll pick it up and take it, its not that hard lol. That's what insurance is for. I was very much against leaving it outside from the get-go, first night out there I went to check on it like 10 times lol. But i'm feeling better about it, just hate that it's out in the elements :( I'm really on the verge of having to sell the damn thing. Losing hours at work, things are just tight. The timing wasn't good on buying a bike anyways, I just can't pass up a deal when I want something. Hopefully I'll get in a house this summer where, if I do so still have it, it can stay in the garage. That's my goal at least... we'll see.
Thanks for the comments though, I appreciate the concern :) I'm not a 'careless' owner, just working with what I got lol

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
It's illegal in most states, if not all, and should be in the fine print on your rental agreement. Mine had a list of shyt we couldn't have stored which included paint and all sorts of typical stuff one would normally have. Although it doesn't have to be in that agreement because city, county, state, and federal laws take president over those civil agreements people enter into. Some places are more strict than others when it comes to the balcony. My last place didn't allow propane barbecues on the deck, but you could have a charcoal grill! When I got pissed at the management I was told to call the fire department and ask them about it. The fire department told me it was a city law because I lived on a hill that was being drilled for oil still. Propane tanks cannot be within a certain distance from a working rig apparently.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yah I was pissed when I moved here to Huntsville/Madison County. NO grilling out period. They have community grilles we can share. The kicker is my last apt, and most around here have fire places inside... yet you can't grille... hmmmm.
But yah, I'm sure in the fine print it says I cant have the bike in here.. I just didn't have any problems until these bastards moved in next door about a month ago. Oh well, all the more motivation to save for a house.

·
Registered
138 Posts
we've had 55 inches of the white **** so far this year outside of Boston. Tonight were getting another 12-15 inches. I had the bike out for the first time this winter on Friday it was a scorching 50 out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm that sucks but why dont u ride with the 1krr kid
I think he's pretty much a stunter... I've never met him, just moved in back in Jan. The bike is TOTALLED. Surprised it runs lol. Plastics held on with zip ties, no screen, no mirrors, every bit of it has hit the ground, exhaust, all fairings. A guy I work with says he knows the bike, said the kid was a stunter. I'll give him props, he rode that thing A LOT this winter, even in the rain. We may hook up when it warms up some, I honestly havn't rode my bike much since I got in December. Looking forward to Spring. Hooters Bike Nights starts in late March ;) Most of my buddies and brother that ride, are almost an hour away from here. I plan to commute to work on mine as soon as its warmer. Was about to put it on Craigslist today, but put my truck on there instead hehe

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Sweet, free bikes.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Should I just sell it and get another one when I have a garage to lock it up in??
:wave:
I'll go get a cover first thing in the morning.... geez lol
Yeah, I'll but it... what's your address so I can, uh, come look at it? :laughing5

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol look guys its not like I hide it in a dark alley by itself with a sign that reads "take me". The complex is extremely lit up, fairly safe 'hood' lol, and there's a cop that parks about 10 spots down. It's as safe as I can be at this point minus maybe a wheel lock, which isn't gonna keep somebody from picking it up and putting it in a truck. I did my best by driving down a grassy hill to lock it under the stairs... but the office said NO Wrestled it onto my balcony, got turned in again... so..
Besides do you guys that keep your bike inside your apt park it inside all year round?? B/c when the weather warms up and I'm riding everyday, theres no way I'd go through the hassle of bringing it in just to get it back out tomorrow lol.
There are tons apt complexes around here, and bikes in every parking lot. I've seen some covered, I've seen some on stands, but the majority just sit out in the open, it's a risk you take ... that's why I have full coverage insurance. They could also break into my truck and steal my Pioneer DVD/NAV while they are at it I guess, if they want it they'll get it... I've learned that the hard way.
:)
as far as address... just come to Huntsville, AL and start cruising the 20-30 different apt complexes around here - you got your choice of make/model then hehe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts