Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone carry when they ride? I typically carry everywhere, but really have not been on the bike. I am sure my jacket stops the gun from printing, but I was thinking fi I were to go down my 1911 might do some serious damage if its between me and the road. Maybe I am just over thinking it. Or maybe I need to try a different carry style instead of IWB.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Anyone carry when they ride? I typically carry everywhere, but really have not been on the bike. I am sure my jacket stops the gun from printing, but I was thinking fi I were to go down my 1911 might do some serious damage if its between me and the road. Maybe I am just over thinking it. Or maybe I need to try a different carry style instead of IWB.
I carry at all times

with one exception for me, when we go on extended rides, as Indian land its expressly against the law, and there's reservations dotted all over the place here.

as far as dmg to the gun, meh, thats what insurance is for

it would be covered under with homeowners, or your vehicle.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
as far as dmg to the gun, meh, thats what insurance is for

it would be covered under with homeowners, or your vehicle.
lol, I think he was talking about the gun doing damage to him, not the gun. Which it could depending on where you have it holstered and how you land I suppose.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
lol, I think he was talking about the gun doing damage to him, not the gun. Which it could depending on where you have it holstered and how you land I suppose.

blah, your right, reading failure

side note: my bike is the reason i started carrying, had an incident where im fairly damn sure i was about to get bike jacked, thank god there was no traffic coming the other way wile i sat at a red...

·
Registered
763 Posts
I will once I figure out how I want to carry. The only thing I've come up with is shoulder holster, but I'd need a much smaller gun than my XD40 and like you said, I'd be worried about having metal shoved into me in an impact with the ground.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I will once I figure out how I want to carry. The only thing I've come up with is shoulder holster, but I'd need a much smaller gun than my XD40 and like you said, I'd be worried about having metal shoved into me in an impact with the ground.
IWB

i carry my full frame glock 22 (.40) with a IWB holster.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I ride in a 1pc.
ah, i ride every day, 1piece wouldnt work out so hot...

yea id guess a shoulder harness to be your best bet.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
if u land on it u will like break every bone around there.. think of stepping on a rock.. now some logic with metal and going 60
the same can be said with out the gun in place

i had a low speed get off and couldnt walk for 3 - 4 days because of the brusing on my hip.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I usually only carry if I'm traveling outta town on the bike, I used to keep it in a pack on the back seat but now I carry it with a shoulder strap

·
Registered
411 Posts
i always carry.. depending on where i am going/doing depends on the gun i carry.. if i am away from my house, gun is on me

·
Registered
773 Posts
unless your in a state where your liscensed to carry a firearm.. i do not.. my buddy was thrown in jail for more than a year for carring a legal and registered gun on him... im not saying dont carry one, but in what scenario on your bike would you need one??? unless your riding through the heart of iraq, i really dont think us bikers need to carry...plus what if you crash and it goes off? then what? anyways all im saying is just be smart and if you still continue to carry just be alert and hopefully you dont get caught!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
unless your in a state where your liscensed to carry a firearm.. i do not.. my buddy was thrown in jail for more than a year for carring a legal and registered gun on him... im not saying dont carry one, but in what scenario on your bike would you need one??? unless your riding through the heart of iraq, i really dont think us bikers need to carry...plus what if you crash and it goes off? then what? anyways all im saying is just be smart and if you still continue to carry just be alert and hopefully you dont get caught!!

I have been caught multiple times carrying multiple firearms on me... I am licensed to.

Go to your what if's... What if you crash and a truck hits you on to railroad tracks and a train hits you down a hill into the ocean and you cant swim?

I dont trust society... I value my life and my 2nd amendment right to carry a firearm.. I can protect my life.. and i chose to not have to rely on LEOs or another citizen willing to step up and defend my life.... I defend my own.. and if for some reason i come upon someone threatening your life... I will defend yours aswell.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
as much as i put my watch on. so you know sometimes you forget to put your watch on same goes for mine.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I carry every where I go currently. I carry a Springfield EMP IWB at about 4:00. I am not too worried about the gun being damaged if I wreck, more the gun hurting me. I thought about trying it at 3:00, but really its all going to be how you land. Moving it willjust be 6 of one, or half a dozen of the other.

Oh and about the guy who mentioned "carrying and not getting cought". Just get your permi, its easy in most states and it will save you from a stint in PMITA prison.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts