Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering who uses the slide to position yer bike, turn it around in a tight spot, i park in my yard all summer and spin it around on the stand to get it out, people often say itll bend/break stand, but ive done it hundreds of times with no probs, other bikes have a curved/angled stand which i wouldnt do this with but hondas stands are straight and looks like the weight is straight thru stand while turning it (gixxer/yami stands are angled so it looks to put a sideward load on stand)
it sure is handy but...
DO YOU GUYZ DO IT OR THINK THIS GOOD/BAD FOR STAND ?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you guyz never heard of any neg's,
also do youz know what im say'n about the angle, i dont know if id do it with a gixxer, they look like the stand could break right off or at least bend because of the angle.

·
Registered
901 Posts
ive been doing it on my 07 since i got it in march of 07 .. ive got almoste 20k on my bike and i just had to buy a new kickstand pin because it was starting to have more play in it than it did new ( i am sure of this because i checked my friends 08 ) the replacement bolt was $4 and some change but its worth it to me to be able to spin the bike instead of backing it up .. just check the play of the stand when your bike is up on the stands if its a little excessive then go get yourself a $4 bolt . problem solved .. by the way the stand itslef showed no wear when i replaced the bolt / pin ....

·
Registered
159 Posts
I do it all the time, its what compensate for no reverse. My cousin has a gsxr and does it also, but its alot hard and takes technique and strength because of how the kickstand has an arch.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Do it everyday...pull in the garage and spin it. It's funny, my neighbor has a K7 Gix, he can't spin that if his life depended on it...but he's also a dumba$$....lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep do it all the time, I do sometimes wonder if one day the kickstand pivot joint will fail on me when I'm doing it though. But when you are short what are you gonna do haha, plus the wtf look non riders give you when you spin it is funny every time.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Do it everyday...pull in the garage and spin it. It's funny, my neighbor has a K7 Gix, he can't spin that if his life depended on it...but he's also a dumba$$....lol
hahahahaha. lol. i know a couple dumbasses that cant do it if their life depended on it no matter how much i try to teach em.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts