Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
2 of my friends got it their heads need to be examined they waited for almost 24 hours. one sold his for a hefty profit the other one didnt and we get the enjoyment out of making fun of him. plus with the reports of them breaking it makes it even funnier to me.

·
Registered
543 Posts
haha me and a buddy of mine waited 31 hours at wally world to get a couple. was worth it. they kick ass.

·
Registered
639 Posts
yea but theres going do be something defected with the 1st shipment of playstations that come out... there always was something wrong with all of them...then they fix all problems with it then release the 2nd and so on ..way better product....its like everthing else comes out consumers dont like ooo heres a ptch or something related....anyway sony rocks anyway...go sony...........

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i waited about 2hours and got my hands on one. and the best part is, i didn't pay a single penny for it. it's still sitting in my closet, because i don't own a TV yet!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
charles722 said:
i waited about 2hours and got my hands on one. and the best part is, i didn't pay a single penny for it. it's still sitting in my closet, because i don't own a TV yet!!!
please explain the following:
1. How you only waited 2 hours for a ps3?
2. How you got away with not paying for the ps3?
3. Why you don't own a TV?

hehe

-d

N

·
0 Posts
Idrove said:
please explain the following:
1. How you only waited 2 hours for a ps3?
2. How you got away with not paying for the ps3?
3. Why you don't own a TV?

hehe

-d
He won the PS3 off a raffle. I hope it was a 60GB PS3.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I learned my lesson with the PS2, ours sh!t the bed about a month after we got it. Second time around with it and I've had it for 2 years no problem, I'll wait thanks.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I got one thru a FYE pre sale last year- They only got the 20gb version so I sold it for $350 more than I paid for it on Ebay and I waited 0 mins on line... I can def wait for the 60 gb version somewhere down the line..

·
Registered
225 Posts
I want a ps3 but with the after thanksgiving sales I ended up buying a xbox 360. Not sure what the big difference is between the consoles be but im highly impressed with the xbox.

The first gen consoles always suck. I worked at a gamestop when the ps2 was released and some of them didnt last a week. They were overheating, which is what i've been hearing about the ps3. I figure by the time stores can hold on to a few and I dont have to resort to refinance my house to afford one. All the bugs will be worked out and it'll be worth the $.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I got one, and I cant get rid of the d**n thing, I am getting so mad.uhhhhhh my buddy sold his for $850. he actually lost money by selling it at that price.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Lost money? How much are you guys paying for them? I hope you aren't paying more than 600 in a store. I got mine, I only had to wait 2 hours as well. There are a million things you can do with it, I am getting rid of the 360 now.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
101stABN said:
Lost money? How much are you guys paying for them? I hope you aren't paying more than 600 in a store. I got mine, I only had to wait 2 hours as well. There are a million things you can do with it, I am getting rid of the 360 now.
Ebay fees are rediculous and I'm pretty sure they demand a percentage of the money off of the winning price.

·
Registered
227 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
Ebay fees are rediculous and I'm pretty sure they demand a percentage of the money off of the winning price.
That's why you set the initial bid at .01 :

Final Value Fees Closing Price Final Value Fee Item not sold No Fee $0.01 – $25.00 5.25% of the closing value $25.01 – $1,000.00 5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 3.00% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $1,000.00) Equal to or Over $1000.01 5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 3.00% of the initial $25.01 - $1,000.00 ($29.25), plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1000.01 - closing value)

and anyone who bought it and kept it needs their head examined. The PS3 is overpriced and completely not worth it right now. They have **** for games. I bought a new 360 premium for $225 this week. How you ask?

Circuit City had buy a XBox Premium and get any game free. $400 for it and Gears of War. Basically, $60 off.

Micro Center has a $100 rebate going for any XBox system. So, I bought the system and am selling it on ebay. So ($100 + profit from selling on ebay) off. I figure I can sell it at least for $415 or so.

So, $800 for both systems - $100 rebate - $60 for free game - $415 on ebay = $225. With taxes and other fees it goes up to $250 - $260. Still a hell of a lot less than $400.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I didnt have to wait. i walked in on monday to a best buy near my house and they had about 6 20gb. i picked up 2 of them and now going to sell them and try to make something off each. prices have gone down since the release. guess i was just lucky i would neve wait in line for that kind of stuff. plus i m from MN when it released on the 17th it wasnt the warmest outside. i saw people with heaters and lil grills and tents. the site of all that just made me want to thr throw up. LOL

·
Registered
549 Posts
also you lose money selling them for $850 when you consider you bought it for 600 plus $36 for tax, and taking 2 days off work $400. I guess I was hoping for the best when I took those days off, now I'm paying for it. oh well s**t happens

·
Registered
549 Posts
oh and I almost forgot we, me and a buddy, dumped about $200 on a tent and some rain gear and a portable propane heater, from target as we waited. I will never do this again. It was a fun experience though.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts