Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so i have noticed a lot of people telling the new members that are thinking about buying a new 600rr for there first bike to test ride it first. so i was wondering how many guys that bought their brand new 600rr from the dealer got to test ride it first?

My answer: they told me that i couldnt since it was a new bike.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok so i have noticed a lot of people telling the new members that are thinking about buying a new 600rr for there first to test ride it first. so i was wondering how many guys that bought their brand new 600rr from the dealer got to test ride it first?

same one here:(

·
Registered
667 Posts
A brand new one, no. Not going to happen. A used one, maybe. Best chance is find a friend willing to take the risk and let you ride his bike. I think what they mostly mean is sit on one and see how it feels.

More manufacturers need to have demo days to help sell their bikes.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
find out when your local dealerships are having their demo days. youll get a chance to ride whatever bike it is that day/weekend.

·
Registered
589 Posts
if i was a dealer and a new rider wanted to test ride one of my bikes for sure i would say no. now if he has a couple years under his belt and insured then no problem

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok so i have noticed a lot of people telling the new members that are thinking about buying a new 600rr for there first bike to test ride it first. so i was wondering how many guys that bought their brand new 600rr from the dealer got to test ride it first?

I have got to test ride a few bikes when I moved to NC...My first stop was the HD dealer and took the Fat boy, Night train, and the electrica glide out. After I made up my mind that I couldn't cross over yet I went to Fun Products here in Goldsboro and took my 600rr out for a 4 mile ride...

I can honestly say I put every mile on my bike.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was allowed to sit on it, i did drool a little though. I haven't yet seen a dealership that would allow you to test ride it first.

A

·
0 Posts
haha didnt even ask!!! walked in bought the bike.... they guy said let me fill her up for you.. i said ok... he gave the key. asked if i had any questions. i said how the **** do you ride this thing... he laughed, i laughed. Showed me how to start it and then told me to have fun!!! 8 months later i am having a ball, and still alive! although i dont do stupid ish

·
Registered
227 Posts
Find a used one for sale locally and bring cash like you're going to buy it. Most people will let you test ride it if you bring cash (just in case you wreck it out on the test ride).

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hmm, maybe it’s different in Canada or at least in Vancouver.

Some dealerships have bikes that they allow potential buyers to test ride.

Back in '07 before I purchased my '07 600rr, I test rode a r6 and a 600rr from separate dealerships. Both were virtually new, they had less than 150 km on them. A of couple weeks later when I decided on the 600rr, I went back to the same dealership I test rode and purchased a brand new 0 km rr.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Yes, take the opportunity to do a test ride whenever a dealership offers demo days.

For instance, it wasn't till I tested for Buell that I was even remotely interested in any of their products. The seating position was a definite turn off at first, then it grew on me and I learned to enjoy it.

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
they wouldn't let me test ride mine until i signed the papers and owned it and it was used with 3k on it. either way im happy though i could understand not riding a new bike. who wants to by a "new bike" with some miles on it. but used ones? come on. i think as long as your insured it shouldn't be an issue

·
Premium Member
365 Posts

I haven't seen any dealers that let anyone ride a new bike....I never asked though back in July because I just started motorcycle riding. Also, my friend had the same bike and already let me ride it, which made me want to buy the bike in the first place. I thought it was enough.

By the way, even if they let you test ride the bike, isn't it a bad idea? Doesn't unpredictable things happen during the test ride? What happens if you crash?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts