Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Our personal experience with Bikes over the past 20 years has been .... while all the high technology seem to be going into the bikes... They seem to be coming with crappier and crappier batteries.

- Cannot hold charge for more then a month or Two without use.
- If you leave your lights on for more then 20 min the battery is dead. :cursin:
- And no matter how you take care of it, they crap out after 2-3 years.?

Anyone else have some comments of Experiences..?

Just trying to get some Feedback from you guys.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Happened to me a few times luckily I was 5 mins away from my friends house, but the push took 20 mins... *sigh

lol

I think we have a few posts as to why this happened, i searched it last week when it happend to me..

·
Registered
202 Posts
i had my Yuasa YTZ10S crap out right after i first got my bike. had to bump start it in a grocery store parking lot lol. not fun!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
had some issues on my old SV but nothin yet on the RR (knock on wood) if it does take a crapper im def. going with BB's Motydesign 4 cell pack

·
Registered
30 Posts
i just dropped my bracket an inch and a half and use an old fashion $50 walmart acid battery. Has twice the cold cranking amps and is much better than this new garbage. Also I use $5 harley davidson relays instead of the super expensive honda ones

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
I guess I'm lucky(knock on wood) have my bike since June of 07 and not one problem with the battery. Longest it sits for was a week, Ride when there's no rain and Not much when your in Cali.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Yes, I remember I was riding all day and decided to pass my friends house and visit him. We talked for like 10-15 minutes and then I tried to start my bike back up, it didn't... I had to bump start it but unfortunately I couldn't get enough speed to turn over the engine. Plus it doesn't help when your on a flat ground while the rode comes to a peak in the middle. Luckily I asked for jumper cables and my other buddy came over and I jumped it.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
mine wont last if it sits for over a month without riding, and its '08, kinds dissapointing since I have an '04 honda rancher atv and I just had to replace the battery in it this past winter (and my atv stays up for sometimes months at a time)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
When I first got my bike, I would turn it on just to hear it and see the highbeams - that died shortly after. After getting a new one along with a Battery Tender, I've never had that problem...

Maybe you guys never charge it?

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Slaps, maybe us Cali guys ride more a year then have it sit through winter.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts