Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm? Who all rides all year round? I do, but I don't own a car...so I kinda have to.

If you do, what is your reason? How often?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i ride every single day of the year (unless im hurt as i am now lol) my school has no parking so i take the bike daily.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I ride as much as I can during the winter months..... we get some snow and a good bit of black ice here, so I keep it parked if there's a chance of ice (my road has a really bad spot at the bottom of a hill where all the water collects, and it ALWAYS ices up there. Saw 3 vehicles on their roofs there in the exact same spot this past winter). But any other time, I'm riding. I have heated gear and heated grips, so staying warm is no prob, just as long as the roads are clear and dry. I put on about 8000 miles over the winter months this past winter, from October to March

I've been caught out in the nasty stuff a few times though, lol..... from a roadtrip a few years back

350 mile trip from central Illinois to Columbus, OH.... 1:30 PM, highest temp I saw all day

Ice on the inside of my visor

Leaving a couple days later

Not that I actually enjoyed riding in the snow.... was just one of those things and kinda had to roll with it. I don't purposely go out in it though, haha

·
Registered
171 Posts
SNOW? thats intense lol. I ride everyday I can. Well, everyday period. I sold my Lexus IS 300 for my baby :D IF it is icey, i use my 97 wrangler. Lets just say I have 20400 miles and I bought her last Feb lol

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
damn i dunno i think snow is a bit to intense for me lol

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Everyday that there is less then a 30% chance of snow, I am out riding. And we are talking Michigan winters...

·
Registered
165 Posts
2 years all I had was my old R6 with no car. Rode that every single day to campus and back, and a few times a week back to my parents house which was 20-30min away. Snow SUCKS to ride in, but its not impossible. The icing on the visor was worst though. You sorta have to lift it up to be able to see, but.... then the air is so damn cold you cant breath... lose-lose situation there lol.

Edit: Oh yea.. I live in PA. Similar to Michigan with the lake effect snow. Maybe not as bad, but we at least get all that damn cold air.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I ride as much as I can during the winter months..... we get some snow and a good bit of black ice here, so I keep it parked if there's a chance of ice (my road has a really bad spot at the bottom of a hill where all the water collects, and it ALWAYS ices up there. Saw 3 vehicles on their roofs there in the exact same spot this past winter). But any other time, I'm riding. I have heated gear and heated grips, so staying warm is no prob, just as long as the roads are clear and dry. I put on about 8000 miles over the winter months this past winter, from October to March

I've been caught out in the nasty stuff a few times though, lol..... from a roadtrip a few years back

350 mile trip from central Illinois to Columbus, OH.... 1:30 PM, highest temp I saw all day

Ice on the inside of my visor

Leaving a couple days later

Not that I actually enjoyed riding in the snow.... was just one of those things and kinda had to roll with it. I don't purposely go out in it though, haha
Just curious, but what kind of tires do you use?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wow I would never ride in snow or on black ice f that ..... I ride southern Cali winters all the time my Icon jacket a scarf and gloves keeps me toasty our winters are really mild here.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
I look at it like riding on dirt roads, it makes you a smoother rider. Can't be choppy with your inputs, or you're gonna have a bad day.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
man my bikes seen more dirt roads than anybodys should. lmao

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.