Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put liability insurance on my bike, but it seems like as soon as the ins co finds out it's a "race" bike, they say no. How can I get around this or who do you guys get insured through?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I dont think that trackbikes are insurable?!? Tell them its a street bike and when it goes down report it but I doubt that will work. Insuring a trackbike is like insuring a crash test car...Its gonna happen

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Don't ask don't tell I would think. Just register it and all that.
Its still a street bike, just prepped for the track.
Only thing that would give it away would be race skins, but you could cut in a
"dummy" fog/headlight so an estimator would think it's just a "custom" fairing.

wait....why just liability??
That doesn't cover your stuff. ?
Doesn't the trackday sponser already have ins??

·
Registered
922 Posts
Liability won't do you much good on a track only bike. My statefarm agent told me if it is roadgoing it can be insured. If it's track only"nonroad titled" it "might" fall under homeowners, for purposes of theft.

Try a differet agent?

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
liability only is a waste....what are you gonna do, pay for the guys bike you hit on the track???? i keep full coverage on my race bike, just in case it get stolen. none of the companies i've ever been with ask me if it's street, track, or race.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
liability only is a waste....what are you gonna do, pay for the guys bike you hit on the track???? i keep full coverage on my race bike, just in case it get stolen. none of the companies i've ever been with ask me if it's street, track, or race.
What company are you with now?

·
Registered
939 Posts
normal policies exclude racing/trackdays. Racing to me though means its got to be timed...otherwise it aint really a proper 'race'.
I always take my number plate (tag) off the bike at the entrance of the track as insurance companies have been known to record your presence at the track to stop people claiming....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Some track days are considered as lessons so insurance would cover you. Talk to the track day organizer.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Some track days are considered as lessons so insurance would cover you. Talk to the track day organizer.
no..

talk to your insurance agent.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is not a single insurance company I know of that will cover an accident on a track for a car or a motorcycle. Not even a track school or track days.

Couple of months ago, I called many insurance companies to ask them if my car/bike can be covered for a track day/track school, and the answer is always NO.

State Farm used to cover non timed track activities, but they changed their policy.

The only way of filing a claim is to tell them that you crashed your bike/car on the street. But, this will be an insurance fraud. If you get caught, it is a serious crime.

I am having the same delima. I want to take my 350z to the track, but I am afraid to crash it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
The only way of filing a claim is to tell them that you crashed your bike/car on the street. But, this will be an insurance fraud. If you get caught, it is a serious crime.
Plus your insurance company will probably want a police report and alot of details about the crash, which would make it pretty likely that you would get busted for insurance fraud. It's not worth it. Invest in some race plastics. They won't protect your bike any, but they are waaaay cheaper to replace than OEM street plastics.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I am going to a race school where I can rent a 09 GSXR600 that is totally tuned for the track, race slicks, PC, full system, etc.. their insurance covers it, and it is only a 700 deductable if i happen to crash it.. the whole day (gas and all) costs $650 Pretty good IMO

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im researching the same issue for my 07rr in Australia as a legitimate alternative to running on the DL. Thankyou everybody for your input and clarification. Slightly bias, but thanks for the thread

1 - 20 of 39 Posts