21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Maybe it was inspired by the song "Layla" Written by Eric Clapton. For you Layla riderz out there here is your theme music to go with your bike... lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wouldn't mind myself a Leyla! Think I might put her on my track bike when paint is done...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
What pisses me off is I could have probably had a leyla rr fro 1k more than I paid for my bike. I knew nothing about that color scheme at the time and I thought it was some wretched aftermarket fairings. lol Had I known I would have scooped that bike up since they are so sought after. That's ok I got me a red bull now.
I got pretty lucky with mine. Was about to sign the papers for a new orange/black RR at the dealer when I just randomly asked about the new "special edition" for 2010. He showed me a picture of the Leyla, and told me that there was 1 left in stock at some warehouse 300 miles away still in the box. Only paid an extra $500 for mine :shakehand

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
origin is from arabia, meaning night beauty or dark beauty,

popularized by aleister crowley with his magic and poems,

means desire, usually for men desire = women, so laylah became a women in crowley's magick and poems, then popular culture since they are taking up crowley philosophies have brought it into song, art, and society,

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I've been trying to find out who the designer was, without any luck. I noticed what looks like a signature on the lower right side. I've yet to see another one in person.

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this sounds like a stupid question but who in the heck is Leyla? I'm referring to the back story on Leyla edition for the 2010 cbr600rr. I was just wandering where they got idea to paint a chick on the fairings of a cbr600rr? I checked Google but couldn't come out with anything.
Leyla is a woman in mid orgasm. Asphalt and rubber double take article concluded

21 - 35 of 35 Posts