Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Who is making the best aftermarket fairings?

37K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  motorlover80 
#1 ·
I've looked around the forums here and there but haven't really found any up-to-date information so I decided I'd ask the forum. I've got a bike that isn't in the nicest condition, I don't really need perfection as I got the bike for a really good deal so I was just looking for some aftermarket abs fairings. I looked around for some used OEM ones with no luck so I think I'll go out on a limb and try aftermarket for once. One I had in mind was auctmart's aftermarket fairings, the white OEM paint scheme. It is for a 2007 CBR600RR by the way. What do you guys think?

#3 ·
Took 7 weeks to get my fairings from auctmarts. Just flat black, no fancy paint scheme. They also asked for more money for shipping after the item was paid for (shipping was included in he purchase price).

Certainly not OEM fit, and far from perfect paint job. When you spend $400 on fairings, you get what you pay for.

#6 ·
I wouldn't buy any of that crap. If you wanted OEM plastics then I'd piece together a set from clean intact OEM pieces 2nd hand from Ebay & the forum then gey them painted. Me, I wouldn't bother. I'd get a new set of Sharkskinz then paint those. To me those look cleaner, are easier to take off & put on, and are as indestructible as bodywork can be. I had a Sharkskinz Superhawk fairing I had to dispose of once. Had to cut it up with a saw because after folding it in half & jumping up and down on it all I managed to do was create an easily fixable crack in the paint & gel coat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
I'll work on uploading them into my build thread. I should be finished with the bike later today, I'll post what I have in the meantime

#9 · (Edited)
I pretty much have the same story. About 7 weeks from order to door from Auctmarts. Communication was good, all the questions I had got answered so no complaint there.

Package showed up without a scratch so I guess it was on the top of the shipping pile instead of the bottom. Paint was good, but like everybody has mentioned before, look close and you can see paint runs, small scratches, things like that . $400 for the kit is a long way from OEM.

Fitment was a bitch, plain and simple. Everything fit in the end, but it was a herculean effort to get it too. Patience is the key. I gave myself 2 full days to get it done, and it took 2 full days.

The nice thing is at that cost point, you could change out your fairings to something different every year and still save a buttload of money over OEM. Just remember that they are definitely not going to be perfect

#10 ·
i feel extreme fairings or absfairings are better quality. I went with absfairings and i didn't have to modify anything to make them fit. of course its more money but i assume its for that added quality control they MIGHT have going on. who knows. the paint is whatever though. Seems like its only 1 layer of mediocre paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.