Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Who is more reckless?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe knee draggers are more reckless than stunters. My personal experience with the two groups. After having my suspension set up and ready to go, I rode north to ACH and was riding my normal pace. Now my pace is not all that fast and not slow by any means. I'm probably at an intermediate level with my level of experience. See my chicken strip thread along with my shoe drag thread for background.

So I see a turn that I usually take at 90, but this was a nice day so I pushed the envelope and took it at 105 according to the speedo. (Actual 102) So I come in nicely hit the Apex and begin to accelerate into the long straight when all of a sudden I get passed by pack of dumb asses inches from me. This happens often on ACH. Don't know why, but I'm usually going above 75 which is not slow for ACH. I've also had guys pass me on the inside of my turns. I don't get this. Why would someone pass someone on the inside of the turn? Kneedraggers should know better than to pass someone on the inside of a turn. What if they spooke a newbie and have them crash? Crazyness! Also what happened to waiting to your turn at a curve instead of pushing your way through? I have never been a road hog, but some people race up the damn mountain like theres no tomorrow.

Stunters on the other hand have everything pretty much under control. Except the fellas pulling the power wheelies in the middle of the streets. It's Okay if it's at a red light, but not in the middle. Never had a stunter cut me off. Never had a stunter wheelie inches from me. Never had a stunter get to close for comfort.

I'm afraid to say it, but I rather ride with a group of stunters than with racers. You guys are way to reckless for any type of riding.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ls7xcBgOkBM&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zBZ01bu7qr4&feature=related

Chill out racer dudes.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I disagree. I would never want to be associated with a bunch of tw.ats stopping freeway traffic to stunt. that happens often enough to give us all a bad name to non riders.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Got to agree with homie above me.. :toothy4:

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I vote for squids.

I've done both, so I see both sides of the picture.

I drag knee on a weekly basis in the canyons. As anyone who rides with me will tell you, I'm far from reckless. I ride at a moderate pace that is well within my skill level. I leave room for the unexpected.

But I see tons of people every weekend who think they are the next moto gp star, and end up with a destroyed bike and a hospital bill. They are very reckless.

I used to do lots of wheelies too. It isn't hard to do, but I never tried anything new on public roads, and I never did anything outside of my skill level.

I see plenty of videos of people trying new stuff on the highway and going down. Pretty reckless. Oh, and stopping traffic to stunt on the highway is retarded. I see someone do that while I'm in my truck, I'm gonna run them over. Not really but I'd like to.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
people dragging knees on the street are just stunters with both wheels on the ground

stunting should be in the parking lots, dragging at the track.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I also ride alone as packs of riders just upset me with their lines..
BTW - Quote So I see a turn that I usually take at 90, but this was a nice day so I pushed the envelope and took it at 105 according to the speedo. (Actual 102) So I come in nicely hit the Apex and begin to accelerate into the long straight when all of a sudden I get passed by pack of dumb asses inches from me. This happens often on ACH.

If a single rider had done this would you also be upset?
Also, as you say you are 'pushing the envelope' at 105 & are getting passed this just proves that you are not 'actually pushing the envelope but just getting in the way.
I'm not having a go at you but just be aware your limits (& the limits you ride at) are not the same as everyone elses.

Pete

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
wow, that is truely a good question.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
It depends... I like to think of myself as a guy from both those worlds. Im not a full blown stunter is the only downfall. But its hard to say, true stunters, the guys that do **** in parking lots and what not, they are no squids at all. And the deals gap riders, canyon carvers and so on, yeah, they go fast but they are no squids.

In the end, i vote for none of those groups because you can find a squid in any group, even on the track!

·
Registered
252 Posts
there is no right answer to this we were all dangerous at one time or another ive riden with crazys on both sides of the fence although i prefer knee down

·
Registered
135 Posts
Pretty much any group of sportbike riders riding in a pack on the road is full of dangerous retards.... stunters, "kneedraggers" or otherwise.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I agree that both groups can be reckless. But i think that the biggest question is WHERE are these groups being reckless at? I see stunters all the time in the city doing standups on the freeway in heavy traffic. Yet the canyon carvers i see are usually on deserted backroads with little to no traffic. Both may be reckless at times, but the knee draggers are endangering less people.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I dont think there is a diference.

The selections SHOULD be

1. Riding responsibly
2. Riding like an asshat

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
simple.......neither is more reckless than the othrs...but there are people who ride stupid all them time

·
Registered
475 Posts
I disagree. I would never want to be associated with a bunch of tw.ats stopping freeway traffic to stunt. that happens often enough to give us all a bad name to non riders.

A true stunter doesn't do that, its the newbs that do that a real guy will go to a parking lot or practice in a dead area

1 - 20 of 31 Posts