Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if anyone listened to music while they ride. i've seen everything from those obnoxiously loud radios on bikes to in helmet systems to ipods.

personally I ride without music as i find it distracting sometimes, and i havent found a good way to listen yet.

Anyone have preferences? or do you just prefer to go without?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Lol i dont know how many times this topic has been covered on here. I personally like to ride with music except when I get in town or in heavy traffic. I use to ride with my iPod hooked up through my chatterbox but the speakers were too big and squished my ears. Now I just ride with sound canceling buds.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If we're heading to a country road/out of town I do.

I usually wait to turn it on or up the volume until I get out of congested areas because I like to hear traffic.

Setup: Ipod, cord tucked, w/ skull candy/sony ear buds - an added bonus is they also cancel out wind/bike noise.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i bought some gummy buds, but i have a friend who took some small speakers and put them inside his helmet, then rigged a jack and glued it to the back of his helmet, and plugs his ipod into that. I like to ride with music. especially in the rain, its kinda soothing and makes the ride not as miserable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If im going on a ride thats gonna be longer than 10 min i ride W/Music but if i just running down the road i do not. I used IPod shuffle and skull candy ink'd ear buds, the shuffle is small and metal and has a belt clip with simple controls

·
Registered
169 Posts
:banger:If i ride more than 30min i throw on some music,skull candy they fit perfect.If i go for a short drive nothing. Sometimes with music thou i get into trouble going to fast other stuff it gets your blood pumping​

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
sometimes yes, sometimes no. when i do i use my ipod with sony buds and only put the bud in my left ear with the volume fairly low, just enough to hear it if i want to hear it but low enought to cancel out if i need to pay attention

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not me. I am already focused on trying to get home with my body parts in the correct places :). Don't want Tears for Fears in my head ruining that thought :lol:.

Ride safe.

Bart

·
Registered
307 Posts
yeah the skullcandy buds sound great and at like 10dollars a pop when on sale! I always have my ipod when i ride. When i dont have my ipod i wear earplugs because the db of wind in your helmet can take a long term toll on your ears!

·
Registered
270 Posts
:banger:If i ride more than 30min i throw on some music,skull candy they fit perfect.If i go for a short drive nothing. Sometimes with music thou i get into trouble going to fast other stuff it gets your blood pumping​

:+1:
Same here with the Skullcandy earbuds. But with volume turned down in traffic areas and start jammin when im out in the country or long rides

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ride 90% of the time with music. Got some excellent sennheiser in ear head phones that do the trick. Keep the volume low in traffic but if I'm on a trip or in the canyons the music gets turned up along with the speed :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
I only listen to music on long highway rides. I use my iPod and put it in the inside pocket of my riding jacket.

The in ear headphones with the loop over your ear work great because they stay in and are pretty comfortable for a long time. They can start to hurt eventually. If it's colder I use earbuds, since the iPhone ones have controls on the wire, and I wear a balaclave that holds them in. Otherwise, I find they fall out when I put my helmet on so I have to jam my hand in between the helmet and my head to try and fix them with two fingers.

I should probably just spring for a helmet with built-in headphones, but I love my icon helmet too much

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
most of the times i ride with music except in the city, (god damn cab drivers) can never be too careful with them when the side mirrors for them are nothing but car decoration.. but where ever else i go i have apple in ear headphones and ipod. i want the helmet with speakers installed already but too lazy to order cuz this works just as good and takes me 10 sec to put in :) and probb works better ;)

1 - 20 of 139 Posts