Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good backpack this year to haul my crap around in when I am out and about, can anyone recommend a good one? Was looking at the ones from Alpinestars and the Axios from Haro. I also saw that Agvsport's makes one that you can carry your helmet in that folds out from the backpack, looks pretty slick.

Thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I do alot of traveling with my laptop and needed something with a padded storage compartment and bought a targus one from office max. Its got TONS of room inside, but is still small on the outside so it doesnt interfeir with your riding. I loaded it up full or crap lastweekend and took it out...stays out of the wind well and you dont even really know its there. Plenty of room for a weekends worth or clothes if you want to take a long trip.

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=RGS012

·
Registered
118 Posts
ok, I use a North Face "Big Shot" pack. It's not made for riding, but it's water-resistent, has chest and waist straps, reflective hits, and it looks damn good too. Big enough for me to strap a lot of stuff to my back, and great quality. I use it every day on my bike, and I absolutely love it. The one con I have is that it has a lot of straps, the ends of which tend to flap around in the wind, but that can easily be remedied (for instance, I stole some black hair bands from my girl, and tied the ends of them with these, so that way the straps are still adjustable while no longer flapping around).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nobody makes a good backback for sportbike riders.

When you go down, you don't want to have anything on your back except your backprotector and leathers. Backpack contents may either hurt your back, or the backpack itself may put you into a tumble, instead of a safe slide.

I would recommend getting a tail bag.

·
Registered
665 Posts
After a lot of reading and searching on the web, I ended up buying the Kriega R25 for $117 from AeroStitch.com (the only US distributor that I could find.) Anyhow, the materials and constructions are amazing, the bag secures tightly and the front almost makes it look like a parachute < wow factor.

I've been using it to lug my files to and from the office and also to throw groceries in :D This bag is very lightweight and could easily hold a few days worth of clothes.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Witold said:
Nobody makes a good backback for sportbike riders.

When you go down, you don't want to have anything on your back except your backprotector and leathers. Backpack contents may either hurt your back, or the backpack itself may put you into a tumble, instead of a safe slide.

I would recommend getting a tail bag.
Alpinestars makes a back pack with a build in back protector. :eviltongue:

Jason :smile:

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
356 Posts
I bought a Spec Ops bag while I was in Iraq and it works well, very sturdy plenty of storage but not HUGE like a bugout bag or something. I think their website is specopsbrand.com

·
Registered
665 Posts
With all do respect, that hard shell Axio Swift bag seems to leave a lot of people wanting more out of it. I did a lot of research and it seems the common complaints were not enough space to store sh!t and shows wear and scratches easily.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been using a Dakine snowboarder bag for about 23,000 miles and two trips to mexico (from seattle). I't's been a great bag for groceries, camera equip, tools, whatever. It was a bit on the spendy side, but a year later it shows almost now signs of wear. Highly recomended.

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
I've been using a FoxRacing bakcpack for the last year, It has plenty of straps, so it works just fine for me, but don't put a whole hellova lotta books in one, and then expect it not to slide to the side when you lean.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
I've got a TON of backpacks that I ride with. I'm currently using an Ogio Protien pack. Just make sure you find a back that has adequet shoulder and back padding, as well as the amount of storage you need. Those are the key factors. The pack is going to be resting its weight on you for a long time. Comfort is imperative.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts