Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I keep my insurance and ownership in a plastic baggy with the owners manual..

altho kinda newb-like, sometimes I just think that it would help IF anything were to ever happen, but with a scorpio installed, I cant fit the manual under the pass-seat on my '03

Just wanted to see what others do.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Too much weights on my bike. In fact, to save even more "weights" I don't have the actual book. It's in PDF.

If your bike died in the middle of the street for no reason having a manual wouldn't help when it comes to find out that your fuel gauge is defective.

·
Registered
785 Posts
yeah all you really need is a copy of your registration i would think.

·
Registered
61 Posts
heyy I do the same exact thing ! lol I don't want to leave my owners manual at home just incase. I really wish the space under the pass-seat was bigger on my 04, It only fits the manual and 2 ballast on the side for my HID's :/ Can't put my wallet in there... lol

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Too much weights on my bike. In fact, to save even more "weights" I don't have the actual book. It's in PDF.

If your bike died in the middle of the street for no reason having a manual wouldn't help when it comes to find out that your fuel gauge is defective.
:+1: never got one when i bought the bike so i have it PDF but i usually have my computer with me in my backpack so does that count?:crackup:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I always just leave the owners manuals in my garage unless I'm going on a big trip then I'll put it in my bag along with the service manual. Other than that I just put my insurance in a zip-lock bag in my jacket. That way if my bike gets stolen they don't have the papers to forge and re register the bike if I'm away on vacation or something.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I bought a little 'Registration wallet' thingy at Fred meyers, it opens up and has 2 clear pieces you can slide your registration and insurance in. I took a Copy of my drivers license, and MSF card and also put them in there. Saves a LOT of room, have everything i need in case of an accident, or run in with LEO... however, I do not carry my manual on my bike... if i feel i might need it, its in my backpack i use for day rides

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i got it under the seat with my registration in a ziplock...its not like there is room under there for much else

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
why dont u guys put insurance card in ur wallet wtf??? thats what i do.... fits right in like a credit card. owners manual i always forget to put in bike..so its in garage

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
why dont u guys put insurance card in ur wallet wtf??? thats what i do.... fits right in like a credit card. owners manual i always forget to put in bike..so its in garage
Because its easier to keep it under the seat cowl with the registration. No reason to carry something around all the time that you only need when on the bike.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I keep the owners manual under the rear seat for the next owner who thinks it may actually help him do something. I rely on the service manual at home. The owners manual is lame and I believe that Honda asks enough for these bikes that they can include a real service manual with each new bike purchase. Also they should give us the tools that belong in the tool compartment rather than letting the stealer keep them to sell later.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Because its easier to keep it under the seat cowl with the registration. No reason to carry something around all the time that you only need when on the bike.
Exactly! If you keep it with the bike you will never lose it and always know where to look for it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I really do not like the idea of leaving the registration on the bike/in the car. Just thinking if it is ever stolen, it is something else the thief has. Not sure if it would help him at all, but you never know.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I guess it depends on where you are. In BC we don't get the little credit card like insurance card. Its just a piece of paper.

I always keep mine in my jacket because I never ride without it and I don't want that info on the bike incase it gets stolen.

·
Registered
136 Posts
the only thing i have under my rear seat is my insurance card. i have it taped on my subframe and in my wallet just in case. last time i got pulled over i just popped my key in and lifted the seat instead of digging through my wallet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts