Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who rides in the rain? i know its dangerous but sometimes ur just caught in it....is it ok for the bike?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The bike wont have any problems with rain. I actually like riding in the rain. Just remember to be smooth.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've had problems with my bike melting in the rain! :shock: It affects a bike the same as a car, so you should be fine, just a little wet.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just remember to be smooth
+1

Wet weather riding can do great things for your confidence, it's amazing how much grip there is in the right conditions. I learnt this on an advanced course in foul UK summer conditions. And re learnt it 48 hours ago on a 45 mile swim home after a summer blast out. Just as much fun on the way back in, in the wet.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've ridden in the rain once... just control your throttle and braking, and if the rain is just starting, watch out, it can get slick!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i brought my to work hoping it wouldnt rain...but looking at the clouds its gonna be a wet night....=(

·
Registered
581 Posts
I rode in the rain on Saturday here in Washington. Did the Indy Valley, which is all country road w/ lots of twisties! Would have been a lot better if the rain didn't move in half way through the ride. :(

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ive never had a prob in the rain just be smart :thumbup:

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Not a fan of wet weather especially on a bike.

Jason

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
I ride in the rain...well...more like I get caught in the rain quite a bit...it's not a big deal if you don't mind getting wet and wild

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Rains cool, its the best way to learn to do burnouts. (with minimal tire wear) Honestly though like westhonda.... said just be smooth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't mind riding in the rain, I just take it easy after it just starts raining b/c it pulls all the oil and nastyness onto the road making it very slick. After it's been raining a few minutes all that stuff watches off. Like mtc said just be smooth with your throttle and riding.

Really the only thing I don't like is the 8 hours of work in wet pants due to the unexpected rain on the way to work :roll:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts