Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
just saw the video clip... looks interesting. let us know how it works.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the did a big clip on the radio with this stuff, supposably it works great but you have to reapply every month or so...

if we get this porblem i will be sure and do that...

:twisted:

Camera nabs 788 speeders in 2 days

By Arlo Wagner
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The District's newest photo-radar camera in Northeast caught 788 speeding drivers in the first 48 hours of enforcement, generating at least $23,640 in fines, police said yesterday.
The camera on Sunday caught 504 cars speeding in the 600 block of Florida Avenue, where the speed limit is 25 mph. On Monday, it caught 284 cars traveling above the speed limit, police said.
"All we want it to do is detect those people who are speeding aggressively," said Kevin P. Morison, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police Department. "We hope it will result in lower speeds."
Mr. Morison said speeders made up 17.9 percent of the 2,900 vehicles passing through on Sunday. He said the highest recorded speed was 73 mph.
Speeding drivers made up 13 percent of the 2,200 motorists in the area Monday, he said. The highest recorded speed that day was 58 mph.
The fixed camera, which is the first of its kind in North America, is near the entrance of Gallaudet University, an area where speeding has been a problem. Since 1998, at least four persons have been killed in speed-related accidents in the area.
Mr. Morison said police are in the process of mailing out the tickets to the speeding drivers. Those motorists with the highest speeds would be required to pay as much as $200 for the violation. Others would be required to pay at least a $30 fine.
Photo-enforced violations, however, do not carry any points in the District.
Police started issuing tickets on Sunday, almost a month after they activated the camera and began warning drivers who were caught speeding on Florida Avenue.
Police said they mailed an average of 585 warnings a day to speeding drivers, or more than 20,000 notices during the 30-day warning period that began Feb. 27. The highest speed recorded in that period was 88 mph, Mr. Morison had said.
Now, registered owners of the vehicles caught speeding will receive notices of infraction, with photographs of their vehicle and license-plate number and the speed recorded by the radar.
Motorists caught driving up to 10 mph over the speed limit will be required to pay a $30 fine. Those caught driving 26 to 30 mph over the limit will be ordered to pay up to a $200 fine.
All motorists are given up to 30 days to pay the fines or adjudicate the citation. Police will double the fines and track down those owners who don't pay on time.
"At some point, we will turn it over to the collection agency," Mr. Morison said.
The camera on Florida Avenue is expected to generate millions in ticket revenue.
Since the District implemented red-light cameras in 1999 and speeding cameras in 2001, the automated traffic-enforcement program has generated more than $70 million in fines.
Red-light cameras at 39 city intersections have generated more than $23.5 million in fines since they were set up in August 1999. Fines from the speeding or photo-radar cameras total more than $45 million since August 2001, when they were installed.
Affiliated Computer Services of Dallas operates the cameras and goes through the 35-millimeter photographs each day to find violators. Police help ACS by matching license-plate numbers to vehicle registrations and the registered owners' home addresses.
ACS is paid $190,000 a month for the red-light cameras' operation and upkeep and $570,000 a month for the seven speed cameras. The District initially expected to pay ACS a percentage of the fines, but later agreed to pay a flat monthly fee.

·
Registered
937 Posts
All we want it to do is detect those people who are speeding aggressively
yeah right!!! all we want to do is bring in the benjamins.

The camera on Florida Avenue is expected to generate millions in ticket revenue.

I need to set up one of these...

Since the District implemented red-light cameras in 1999 and speeding cameras in 2001, the automated traffic-enforcement program has generated more than $70 million in fines.
We are being SUCKED DRY for every fuggin penny we have. WTF!! -- Here, here's my FUKKING LEG.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
If they put those in my area, a friend of mine and I have already decided on Me in the back of his pick up truck with a 12 guage taking them out will be necessary

·
Registered
336 Posts
The clear paint is a good idea but don't try to use the actual license plate covers on your bike or car. It is a very lightly enforced law, but most states make it illegal to have anything obstruct your license plate. This even includes those goofy license plate frames if they obstruct any part of the plate including the characters or stickers. It should also be noted that if you have a fender eliminator that faces towards the ground or any plate that is aggresively angled, the camera will most lokely not be able to pick up the characters. The best thing you can do is just wear a helmet with a tinted visor becuase in many states (including AZ) it is not a strict liability crime so they have to be able to prove it is you piloting the vehicle. Finally, if you live in AZ and you get a citation in the regular mail, throw it away and if they ever come looking for you just say you never got it because regular mail is ineffective service. Hope that helps some of you because I know red light and speeding tickets suck [email protected]@!

·
BOTM 12/ 07 My Kickstand is up
10,565 Posts
i've been using it since the first day i picked up the rr ... i reapply every time i give her a good wash , which is like every week ... i've taken pictures of it after i applied it on and this stuff works great ... you can make out a bit of the edges but i apply a crap load of it on so that won't happen ... i just hate cameras , not that i ever got caught with one , but there are some situations where you get stuck near the light and just before it turns red i wouldn't want to get a ticket for nothing you know :wink:

·
Registered
638 Posts
The license cover might be better. I have seen computer screens with similar covers and they do a great job of blurring the screen when viewed from an angle. However, this might be more obvious to a cop than the reflective paint if he pulls you over..

Just a word of caution...

As much as I hate getting tickets (and the cops for giving them to me) I do my best not to run redlights -- especially on my bike. Our odds are'nt that great if we go "head to head" with a cager. So if your intention is to use this stuff on your license plate and run as many red lights as you can, might be taking on little more risk.

About, PLYHARD13 's advise on throwing away citatation, do not try it in CA. they will issue a warant for your arrest if your ticket is not paid. I had a ticket that i had paid via credit card. for some screwed up govet reason, It did not record on their system. I kept getting reminders and when I finally called them about the reminders, they said it was a mistake and then coolly mentioned while they were at it they would withdraw the warrant too!
Good Luck..

·
Registered
812 Posts
In New Jersey they can't use cameras so far except for running tolls.

For moving violations they have to catch you in the act.

I wonder if just clear gloss is the same thing for less $$$? :?:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well, let me clarify a little. If you just ignore a ticket, they will issue a warrant. What you must do is when you find out there is a warrant, go to the court to tell them you never recieved the citation and the warrant will be quashed. They then have the opportunity to reserve you but when they know that they have to do it in person, most likely they will forget about it because it is too much of a hassle and it costs too much. You might ask, "Can't they just serve you while you're in court?" They could serve you in court, if the officer happened to be there which he won't because you don't have to give notice to anyone that you are quashing a warrant, you just walk into the clerks office and tell them there is a warrant and you will get to see a judge immediately. Trust me guys, this is all legit. Regular mail is innefective service because there is absolutely no way for them to track it and prove that you recieved it. They can however mail something certified with return reciept or registered. Some may see this as too much of a hassle but it is pretty much free and it will save you a hell of a lot in insurance. If you feel a little uncomfortable, feel free to pay an attorney a couple hundred bucks to do it for you...it will still be cheaper in the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts