Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only take my bike out when I’m specifically going for a ride. And usually only early in the morning or late in the evening before/after the crazy people are on the road. I usually have a route planned and once I’m finished riding I’ll put it up, clean the bugs off and then hop in my car to go do whatever else I need to take care of that day.
Am I alone in my strange behavior?

·
Registered
580 Posts
nope, you're not alone. I do exactly the same. Usually ride during mid-day. I could never

use it to town. It feels like a waste cause it runs too hot and I'll worry about her the

entire time she is in the parking lot(whether she'll get knocked over or so).

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Every time I ride my bikes it's fun.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Every time I ride my bikes it's fun.
Same here... every time I take it out for a ride it's not a designated 'fun' ride. But I do ride it everywhere and make every ride as fun as possible, even if it is daily commuting... I just like to be on my bike. Still enjoy it alot more than driving the car, although I will say the A/C sure is nice on those hot days, lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
I ride mine about once or twice a week to work, But I have not riden it for fun or to commute in almost two weeks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ride mine like this for a few reaosns.

One is that I think that the more someone rides, the more comfortable you get. And right after comfortable comes carelsss and so on. I always try to be as safe as possible but that’s just how it orks for a lot of us.

Second is that I live in Houston. If you also live in or around Houston, you’d know why I don’t ride durring traffic hours. And if you do live in Houston AND ride durring traffic hours, you’re nuts. End of story.

Third is that I wear a collared shirt/slacks to work and I really don’t have time to change my clothes twice a day.

For those of you that get to ride more often, congrats. I usually go for a ride every other weekend and some evenings after work. I’ll ride more once the weather cools off – It’s just too hot with full gear on.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I ride mine all the time. To/from work. The only time I don't is if it's raining but if there's a chance of rain after work and I'll just bring my rain suit. I got about as many miles on my bike as car I bought the car two months before the bike. Although I live up in South Dakota so traffic isn't nearly as crazy as down in the bigger Cities in Texas. I remember visiting San Antonio and I can see why you wouldn't want to ride in that.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I use my as a daily commuter everywhere I go. Its my primarily vehicle believe it or not. Ride rain or shine I just enjoy being on two wheels:retard:. So to answer your question I look at the bike as a multipurpose vehicle.:drunk: Well over 20k Im at nearly 24300miles. So on that rare occasion I do drive a car it feels extremely weird. Funny thing is in the month of Aug I've only driven the car a total of 2x. :banger: Am I alone is this?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I use my as a daily commuter everywhere I go. Its my primarily vehicle believe it or not. Ride rain or shine I just enjoy being on two wheels:retard:. So to answer your question I look at the bike as a multipurpose vehicle.:drunk: Well over 20k Im at nearly 24300miles. So on that rare occasion I do drive a car it feels extremely weird. Funny thing is in the month of Aug I've only driven the car a total of 2x. :banger: Am I alone is this?
Nope, not at all! :ciao:

Only time I ever drive my car is if I need to take the dog somewhere, go grocery shopping, or haul something with the trailer (or anything else I can't haul on the bike). I'd say I prob drive it maybe once a week now. Back in the day it used to sit for 2-3 weeks at a time without driving it

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Nope, not at all! :ciao:

Only time I ever drive my car is if I need to take the dog somewhere, go grocery shopping, or haul something with the trailer (or anything else I can't haul on the bike). I'd say I prob drive it maybe once a week now. Back in the day it used to sit for 2-3 weeks at a time without driving it

:+1::drunk: Good to know at least one other rider enjoys their bike as much as I. It just doesnt feel right to watch her sit and not be ridden...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
id rather track my bike. i dont like riding in town at all. i dont like traffic or people. i want to open the bike up but am held back by, police, cars, pedestrians and some serious traffic violations..... whe i get a car. the bike will sit until i hit a track.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mainly for fun. Somtimes I go to work on it(no traffic) Makes my commute a lot more fun...

But mainly track and weekends.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
:+1::drunk: Good to know at least one other rider enjoys their bike as much as I. It just doesnt feel right to watch her sit and not be ridden...
same here :+1: my bike is my daily driver i just love being on it lol the car is only for when the lady friends want to go out dressed nice :drunk:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts