Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Chief IronLungs
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS IS A FEELER

im on the fence on what to do with my bike. im going back to school and might be going out of state. so i dont know if i should keep it, track it or sale it. mind you the closest track is about a hour away where i live and have no clue the costs involved. what would you do in my shoes? help me to a decision please.

pictures are from my phone, sue me

2006 Honda CBR 600RR
12,3XX miles, actually less but i never had my speedo calibrated to my gears since switching to 15/45 @ 10k miles

·
Registered
125 Posts
nevermind the clean title nonsense, keep her. The way the economy stands, i doubt you'll get what it is worth to you.

·
Registered
625 Posts
need more info to help ya out man. are you hurting for money? where are you going to school? stuff like that i love my bike for school more than anything parking is easier dont have to get up as early for class etc. now if your living in a dorm or apt w/o a garage im not sure i would keep it at least with you on campus

·
Chief IronLungs
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
today also i installed a new rear brake res, a custom machined stock rear rotor, black Gilles chain adjusters, 08 1000RR monoblocks, vortex clip ons, 07 600RR master cyclinder, and red HEL front and back brakelines ( looks 10x better now )

too dark to take more pics, but i will upon request. thanks for looking.

·
Chief IronLungs
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice bike, clean title?
thanks you. yes clean title all good to go, no problems.

I say track her or ............

part her dibs on the rear sets lol
if i end up going that route ill let you know, you'll be first in line

I've actually been thinking about selling my bike too to pay for grad school...decisions...
yeah its a tough decision, it makes my head spin lol

nevermind the clean title nonsense, keep her. The way the economy stands, i doubt you'll get what it is worth to you.
thats whats been on my mind, sale it and lose money. or part it out and wait forever to get rid of everything. feels like a losing battle almost, but im keeping faith there is someone out there that wants it.

need more info to help ya out man. are you hurting for money? where are you going to school? stuff like that i love my bike for school more than anything parking is easier dont have to get up as early for class etc. now if your living in a dorm or apt w/o a garage im not sure i would keep it at least with you on campus
money is not a problem, just would never really use it. the riding season here is pretty slim and i wouldnt been there for most of it. i live in WA but would be going to school in so cal and dont know what my living quarters are yet.

·
Registered
625 Posts
money is not a problem, just would never really use it. the riding season here is pretty slim and i wouldnt been there for most of it. i live in WA but would be going to school in so cal and dont know what my living quarters are yet.
if your living in so cal i say take the bike with you you will enjoy it much more in so cal than WA. try and get an apt with a garage or room to park it inside lol. your bike has way too much work in it to sell it now plus if your not hurting for money worse comes to worse just leave it at home and ride it when you can then when you graduate it will be there waiting

·
Registered
991 Posts
I feel you on the riding in WA. Im in Ellensburg so I have a really slim season. If you are heading to SoCal take it with you! For riders like us that long of a season is a wet dream. Especially if money isnt an issue just store it in a storage container during the week or something and ride on the weekends.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Get a Scorpio and take it with you. I would bring mine down from home, but without an alarm it won't be outside, and probably doesn't park on stairs too well. Right now we've had freezing rain all week (champaign, il), but I know I'll miss the bike once it warms up.

With all the work you've put into it and the warmer socal weather, I would want to take it

·
Registered
64 Posts
What school in SoCal? If it is UCSB then keep your bike! I have mine here from Illinois man. There is free parking all over campus for motorcycles and theft is pretty low in this area. If it is UCSD or UCLA or anything near LA or south of it, then you'd better have a garage or apartment to keep it in because it will get lifted.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
take your bike.. looking from all those mods you will regret it later on, be sad..just find a way to do both school and bike, theres always a way if you want it bad enough...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts