Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got done changing the oil and realized i forgot to put the washer back on the plug before i put it back on. How crucial is it? Any suggestions guys?

·
Registered
311 Posts
put it back on "quickly"

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not that critical ,,,unless you WANT the oil to stay in you bike.

Ya it has to be in, it is brass and actually works as kinda a seal.

Just put an CLEAN oil pan under it, pull the plug then just dump the oil back into the bike.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
u SHOULD be fine. i didnt realize it had a washer before and ran 1 whole oil change without the washer. then i stripped the bolt and called and ordered a new one and the guy asked if i needed a washer too.. i was like.. huh? wat washer? OHHHH YEAH IMMA NEED ONE OF THOSE! so if u dont see any signs of oil leaks, u SHOULD be good cuz i was. but dont take my word for it

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
the thread on the bolt acts as a seal, but do monitor that thing constantly, like every time you get on the bike coz it just might vibrate loose and dump the oil and you all over the road... or put a tray under and pop the bolt out stick your finger in the hole to stop the oil flow put the washer on and the bolt back in you will make a little mess this way..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for the input guys. I think im gonna put that washer back on. Better safe than sorry for sure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
if its anything like the washer you use on cars, its simply a crush washer. it prevents you from over torqueing the bolt and damaging the threads in the oil pan.

you should be fine without it.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Does anyone replace theirs after every other oil change. I read somewhere (maybe the manual) that you replace it every other oil change. I did mine.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
cunaz said:
if its anything like the washer you use on cars, its simply a crush washer. it prevents you from over torqueing the bolt and damaging the threads in the oil pan.

you should be fine without it.
+1 ^^^ jus put it back on the next oil change. youll be fine so long as you didnt overtorque/tighten the drain bolt. and like others said...monitor the drain bolt often to ensure it didnt get loose or what not.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
CBR/LS1 said:
Does anyone replace theirs after every other oil change. I read somewhere (maybe the manual) that you replace it every other oil change. I did mine.
yah you can go every other. i think i read that in the manual also. i jus like to change mine on every oil change. cage or mc.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
SLAPS808 said:
yah you can go every other. i think i read that in the manual also. i jus like to change mine on every oil change. cage or mc.
What's a washer cost like 10 cent. I think Honda charges $1 for theirs. Do you get the one from the dealer or someone else?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Whoops!
my bad...CBR/LS1
i thought you meant oil filter. i change the crush washer every
other oil change too.
what i meant was that i change the oil filter on every oil change.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts