Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 1st cbr600rr and i love it, I just want to stay away from bad cities areas that are common of stealing bikes? Ive heard and seen videos how they pick up the bike and load it in a mini van gone in like 33 seconds any tips would be great.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Obviously detroit....

Lansing
East Lansing
Ypsilanti (at night)

Really your bike can be stolen in any city I really don't think the city is relevant. Just get full coverage if you're worried about it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Detroit, in any form. Flint, uhm, MI is pretty bad right now, might just want to leave it in the garage :).

Stick to novi, Grosse Point, West Bloomfield.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Any bigger city in michigan seems to have a hood now. I'm from Saginaw and we just made #1 on violent crimes per capita on the FBI list. We were normally around 3rd with Flint being #1, but evidently we stepped our game up. I think you're fine as long as you're on the bike or keep it in the garage. I've had to take detours through the hood where there was 4 boarded up houses to one non boarded and as long as you keep moving you're fine haha. So i would mainly avoid the Hood of Detroit, Flint, Saginaw. All of these cities have nice sides, and side you don't want to be on, so just be smart. By the way, don't forget, as long as you're on it, no one can catch you!

Where you guys from in MI?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Im from Flint, and there are a few gangs running around the city. My old lady lived next to a guy who was tight with one of them, hes holding 3-5 stolen bikes in his garage. What they have been doing lately is simply pulling up next to a crotch rocket (obvisously on rockets themselves) reaching over and turning the key, pulling it from the ignition, & pulling a gun and shoving it in the face of the poor bastard they are jacking. Takes a total of 3-5 seconds.

I would stay away from Detriot, Lansing and Saginaw.
I would recommend riding in the UP (just watch for deer... and moose), or anywhere on the costline.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
as others have stated just stay out of the big cities thats where the trouble is. get a a 2 way alarm if your worried about it. thats what im going to do i go to Washtenaw community college and theres some shady characters around there

·
Registered
185 Posts
Any bigger city in michigan seems to have a hood now. I'm from Saginaw and we just made #1 on violent crimes per capita on the FBI list. We were normally around 3rd with Flint being #1, but evidently we stepped our game up. I think you're fine as long as you're on the bike or keep it in the garage. I've had to take detours through the hood where there was 4 boarded up houses to one non boarded and as long as you keep moving you're fine haha. So i would mainly avoid the Hood of Detroit, Flint, Saginaw. All of these cities have nice sides, and side you don't want to be on, so just be smart. By the way, don't forget, as long as you're on it, no one can catch you!

Where you guys from in MI?

Royal Oak, now living in sunny FL. Theres no way I am going back :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks guys just got full coverage on it, im 15 minutes away from flint and 25 from detroit. But all the fun seem to be where all the crime is lol i just might carry mace

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey thanks guys just got full coverage on it, im 15 minutes away from flint and 25 from detroit. But all the fun seem to be where all the crime is lol i just might carry mace
So... where u at? Clarkston? Pontiac?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Carry full coverage insurance, why would you risk your life trying to save your bike?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im from Flint, and there are a few gangs running around the city. My old lady lived next to a guy who was tight with one of them, hes holding 3-5 stolen bikes in his garage. What they have been doing lately is simply pulling up next to a crotch rocket (obvisously on rockets themselves) reaching over and turning the key, pulling it from the ignition, & pulling a gun and shoving it in the face of the poor bastard they are jacking. Takes a total of 3-5 seconds.

I would stay away from Detriot, Lansing and Saginaw.
I would recommend riding in the UP (just watch for deer... and moose), or anywhere on the costline.
Thats some serious ********... I hope they catch those assholes

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thats some serious ********... I hope they catch those assholes
Just be leery of someone pulling up right next to you at a stoplight... esp if they're a group of riders wearing the same color and a few of them have guys as passengers. Get your a$$ out of that situation ASAP.

Problem with Flint is that there are only 4 police patroling at any time(not a fact, just guessing). The latest news I've heard is that if there is an EMERGENCY, the police response time would be DAYS. Literally DAYS... and if anyone witnesses anything go down, nobody talks to the police. Its the freaking wild west here :gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just be leery of someone pulling up right next to you at a stoplight... esp if they're a group of riders wearing the same color and a few of them have guys as passengers. Get your a$$ out of that situation ASAP.

Problem with Flint is that there are only 4 police patroling at any time(not a fact, just guessing). The latest news I've heard is that if there is an EMERGENCY, the police response time would be DAYS. Literally DAYS... and if anyone witnesses anything go down, nobody talks to the police. Its the freaking wild west here :gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1::gun1:
Seeing as how this is going on and I have no reason to be there anyway, I think I'll just stay away from flint lol.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Seeing as how this is going on and I have no reason to be there anyway, I think I'll just stay away from flint lol.
HAHA I hear ya. I avoid going downtown Flint where ever possible. This place is a big ****-hole and its only getting worse... the natives get restless when it gets warm out :gun1:

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
:+1::+1: amen to that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts