Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think is going to finish out the season for Honda? I've heard talks about Neil Hodgson and possibly Hayes but he's kind of wrapped up in winning a couple championships. I even heard guys on another forum throwing Kurtis Roberts around lol.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Who do you think is going to finish out the season for Honda? I've heard talks about Neil Hodgson and possibly Hayes but he's kind of wrapped up in winning a couple championships. I even heard guys on another forum throwing Kurtis Roberts around lol.
Hodgson would have to be the front runner by far since he has raced the bike this season and is looking to ride a superbike next season. I wouldn't be surprised if American Honda offered him a ride of some sort next year. Of course they'd have to give him a pretty damned attractive offer because I think Ten Kate will offer him Toseland's seat.

After him I can't really see anyone else from the AMA championship doing the sub ride. Hayes has 2 championships to win so he's out. Gobert is not in contention for the title so he's a long shot possibility.

Kurtis Roberts obviously has Honda connections but I doubt he'd get that ride over Hodgson. He wouldn't be a terrible choice though and he has won superbike races. I'd also consider giving Andrew Pitt a call though.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it would hurt Roberts pride to go back to AMA. He knows he would be racing for 3rd on down as well.
It's all about the paycheck. And Roberts can ride, he has won multiple AMA championships. I think they should put him on the bike.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Anyone know the average weight of these riders? Or somewhere near it. Trying to figure out if dudes who are over 200lbs can be counted out in this sport?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know the average weight of these riders? Or somewhere near it. Trying to figure out if dudes who are over 200lbs can be counted out in this sport?
I don't think any of these guys are near 200 pounds.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i'm 6'2 220, :)evil3:CURSED FOR LIFE:icon_lol:). but i still can tuck in and keep up with the best. but i really want to be at 200lbs by March of 08. so i would not say count 200lbs+ riders out. then again i think my height is more troublesome than my weight... glad i'm not 6'5

·
Registered
591 Posts
i'm 6'2 220, :)evil3:CURSED FOR LIFE:icon_lol:). but i still can tuck in and keep up with the best. but i really want to be at 200lbs by March of 08. so i would not say count 200lbs+ riders out. then again i think my height is more troublesome than my weight... glad i'm not 6'5
Leon Camier is 6'3" so height is not stopping you from being a pro rider, at least in superbike :p He probably weighs somewhere around 160 though.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea height really isn't a factor in superbike racing. I think though the teams would make sure your <200 for power/weight ratio and aerodynamic reasons. But I'm also and idiot lol and I'm just guessing.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I saw Leon Camier in the flesh at Oulton Park recently - he may be over 6' but it looks like there's nothing to him at all - checking his website tho he's actually 170lbs but I wouldn't have guessed it. That's what a top fitness regime must do for him.

Doesn't Mladin say he's be too big for MotoGP? dosen't stop him winning in AMA though.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw Leon Camier in the flesh at Oulton Park recently - he may be over 6' but it looks like there's nothing to him at all - checking his website tho he's actually 170lbs but I wouldn't have guessed it. That's what a top fitness regime must do for him.

Doesn't Mladin say he's be too big for MotoGP? dosen't stop him winning in AMA though.
I've never heard that from Mladin. There are guys in motogp that are bigger than him. But size is really important with the new 800's. just look at that little bitc* Stoner lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
NH im guessing since he has been on the Honda backed corona team already this year I was going to get more seat time with the bike. Kurtis roberts has been racing over here this year on the NFS bike. Or was that another sereies? Still aint done sh*t thoe. Hmm you never no they may have a test rider from japan as a secret weapon. But since its honda I bet it will be someone that the american public will reconize. Niel is still my front runner.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ellison off Corona Honda would be a good choice. Young guy and he has talent. Would like to see what he can do on a factory bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts