Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up fellows, im currently on an 07 600rr which i absolutely love but i keep getting bit by the rc51 bug. my experiance with bikes are mainly vfrs and cbrs so vtwins are very new to me. i road my cousins superhawk once and i wasnt really thrilled, but at that time i was also riding a highly modded 1200 bandit so most bikes felt slow,lol.

anyway, v4s are still my favorite engine, but until they update the vfr and upgrade the suspension and lose some weight i probally wont own another.

id really like to know how much better the rc51 is than a superhawk. i know most of the positives and negatives which ill list, maybe others can help me out here.

positives

fuel injected
usd's
has character
the sound with pipes :icon_lol:

negatives
its a pig compared to an 07/08 600rr
i hear gas mileage sucks
overheating
needs a better rear shock

i guess what im getting at is am i crazy for getting rid of an 07 600rr with 2k miles thats worth about maybe 7k for an 02-04 rc51 probally worth 6k?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I want an RC51 SP-2 bad... more for the fact of I enjoy bikes that have character to them, which is something that vtwins (espeically sportbikes) have in abundence. Wieghts not the issue and the shock can be dealt with easily with a penske or ohlins unit. It doesnt overheat its just hot for the rider with the radiators right there. And that sound...

Vtwin power delivery is quite differant then the inline, have to ride it to get a feel for it, much more engine braking but the power is easier to apply. I still catch myself short shifting my 600rr (learned to ride on an SV650 and the powerband ended 1k short of the redline). Probably nab an RC when I get back from deployment but my current focus is to land myself in an EVO or Sti and keep the bike for kicking around in the summer (gas mileage is still better then either of those cars).

I dont know about the RC's gas mileage, but I would suspect that its better the my 05 due to the way vtwins can cruise (ie low rpm's due to lots of torque).

Sato High mounts, PCIII, revalved/upgraded suspension, and a Dan Kyle Map and some carbon fiber are going to be first on my list if I get it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've never had an RC, but it can be a bit tough around the city. Weight is only an issue when you're going slow. It corners like it's on rails.

However, I heard a lot of RC riders really like the 600RR, so who knows.

There was a time when I wanted an RC51, but i think that's behind me now. The sound and the lure of a big twin is always there, but I would think that your nimble little 07 RR handles a hell of a lot better than an RC51.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts