Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just dying to get a report on the 07 from the track! From what little I have heard from insiders about the new bike, I am 90% sold.

Who else is planning to buy the 07?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding is that Honda is feeling more confident than ever that they are introducing a bike that will be a clear winner in the 600 class. This is very exciting news and yet there is so little buzz.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have also heard third hand that a Honda factory rider who has been on the machine has said that it will "shred" Yamaha's R6. Who knows how true that will be? But still, the anticipation is killing me.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
That's true... I also like the new Kawi's. I am contemplating it. Probably trade my baby in, but at the same time, I want a track tool. So, I dunno. It's too new and too pretty to get messed up on the track. And there won't be immediate part support for it.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
millcityrider said:
ehhh. . up in the air. . . the new kawis are hard to look past
at...the new Kawis are hard to look AT...

that is all.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Love the new Kawi...would choose it over the 07 CBR600RR. I'd choose my 06 RR over both of them.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
the only thing i dont like about it is the rear tailight how its intergrated in to the fender it looks cheap to me. depending on how it comes apart fender elimantor kits maybe few and far between or very expensive.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
People who buy crotch rockets for mostly track riding dont give a rats ass about how unpretty the new tail looks, lol... at least, I know I dont. But I dont ride a crotch rocket to look cool.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cling said:
People who buy crotch rockets for mostly track riding dont give a rats ass about how unpretty [it] looks.
I'm not too crazy about the look of the front of the new 07 with its front air intake, but I do like it's profile.

Mostly, I am excited that the 07 is supposed to be the next leap forward in performance as a track tool.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
cling said:
People who buy crotch rockets for mostly track riding dont give a rats ass about how unpretty the new tail looks, lol... at least, I know I dont. But I dont ride a crotch rocket to look cool.
i dont ride a crotch rocket to "look cool" either but i guess unlike you i dont want my bike looking like every other 600rr. i dont ride on the track as of now so i dont give a rats ass how it is on the track.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
When it comes to form vs. function, virtually all sport bikes on the market are incredible performers [function]. So, if someone were to pick a sport bike based on which one they think looks the best [form], I hold nothing against them.

However, I am interested in the new 07 because it offers the hope of superlative performance.

·
Registered
448 Posts
moto44 said:
I am just dying to get a report on the 07 from the track! From what little I have heard from insiders about the new bike, I am 90% sold.

Who else is planning to buy the 07?
I'm sold. last 600rr I had,did 17,000 miles on crashed 3 times. tracked to hell. rode 23 hours to germany and shed a tear when I sold it. roll on next year!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Easty said:
I'm sold. last 600rr I had,did 17,000 miles on crashed 3 times. tracked to hell. rode 23 hours to germany and shed a tear when I sold it. roll on next year!
f*ckin hardcore...
You, my friend, deserve that 07 RR. good luck.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
moto44 said:
When it comes to form vs. function, virtually all sport bikes on the market are incredible performers [function]. So, if someone were to pick a sport bike based on which one they think looks the best [form], I hold nothing against them.

However, I am interested in the new 07 because it offers the hope of superlative performance.
thank you thats what im trying to say more or less.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll be buying one as soon as they become available. Incidentally I think the bike looks great. This will be my fifth Honda, 3rd Honda 600cc sport bike, and my 8th bike.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
I was planning on getting it, but i cant wait, so im gonna get something else. Now after seeing the prices, i feel really good about not wating, ill wait until the hype wears off, and the prices drop a little, like the R6 did.

·
Registered
865 Posts
im looking for my triumphant return to honda and the 07 may be it..but the performance factor alone would have to be enough to tear me away from my 750. i know what i will be getting with honda (great build and reliablity), but the balance of power and agility of the 750 is unmatched in my opinion and has kept me onboard a suzuki despite the poor fit and finish that i have tried to live with haha. although, i might very well also wait for the 08 750 because it should be a major revision (every 4 years). but man do i miss my honda...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts