Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know? I'm in NYC for vacation this week and came across this pretty sight. =)

Very nice clean black RR parked in downtown Manhattan on Water and Whitehall ave. It made me miss my bike!

Smartass! :icon_lol: j/k.

Is this a common thing in NYC? this isn't the only bike i saw like this. See the tag missing? the 2 cruisers next to it had their tag on but the RR didn't.

·
Registered
475 Posts
alot of ppl i kno in the cities remove their plateafetr they park so kno one steals their plate to use it on their bike

·
Registered
428 Posts
or so that we don't get parking ticket ( make sure you cover your VIN too :p )

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Takers??? the reason i asked about the tag being removed (not that i purposely tried to take a tag pic) was because it looked questionable. Like you're trying to avoid a ticket sure, but isn't that illegal and they can still tow your bike???

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alot of ppl i kno in the cities remove their plateafetr they park so kno one steals their plate to use it on their bike
well anyone can steal someone else's tag and put it on their bike, but I've never seen that before. Plus if you put someone else's tag that you stole, if you get pulled over and ur plate doesn't match with ur ID and registration you are screwed. :tard:

·
Registered
475 Posts
well anyone can steal someone else's tag and put it on their bike, but I've never seen that before. Plus if you put someone else's tag that you stole, if you get pulled over and ur plate doesn't match with ur ID and registration you are screwed. :tard:

cleary u aren't familar with many Nyc riders not many of them are legit to begin with so they don't pull over

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cleary u aren't familar with many Nyc riders not many of them are legit to begin with so they don't pull over
that may be true, i'm from FL just visiting a couple of friends in NYC for a week and i just happen to see that black RR when i was sightseeing and taking pics downtown. Its the same in FL tho, many people run from cops thats why they are crackin down on sportbikes. but we keep our tags on our bikes when we park.

and No, I didn't steal the tag right before i took the pic Jason. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
475 Posts
that may be true, i'm from FL just visiting a couple of friends in NYC for a week and i just happen to see that black RR when i was sightseeing and taking pics downtown. Its the same in FL tho, many people run from cops thats why they are crackin down on sportbikes. but we keep our tags on our bikes when we park.

and No, I didn't steal the tag right before i took the pic Jason. :icon_lol:
I Just read what i wrote, and im sorry but i didn't mean to sound so aggresive

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Maybe the theft already happened? Maybe it was stolen from the bike minutes before you took that shot? Maybe you stole it????:police:
LOL....................................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts