Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been recently fortunate enough to be able to ride alot of different bikes out there for long periods of time, and i've noticed that all the other bikes are lower than ours stock. i'm 5'8" and i'm on tippy toes on my RR, i can barely touch my toes tot he ground if i'm not wearing any shoes. i've gotten used to it, but when i ride these other bikes, they're all probably an inch lower than our RR. the bikes i'm talking about are 04gsxr750, 01cbrf4i, 02zx600-rr(the kawi), 01r1, 01 gsxr1000, 04hayabusa. i'm still not intending on lowering the bike.. jsut venting cuz if ours were the normal height, it'd bo so easy to back up the bike. :evil:

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Our seat hight is higher...on our bikes you're more "on top" of the bike than "in it"...I like it

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i like the stance on ours the best... except for the R1.. that thing fit like a glove. oh yeah... those other seats were like sofas... madd cushy

·
Registered
122 Posts
I read some where that when honda made the changes for the '03rr and moved the engine down and foward a few degrees and the tank foward it brought the seat height up. Moving it down will mess up the trail angle and interfere with the weight distribution. :D

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I tried out most of the '04 600s before buying my RR and found that they all had a lower seat height, didn't affect my decision though. I won't lower it either.

What I really want to know is why the 1000RR is lower than our bikes. The specs say the seat height is minimally higher but if you sit on one they are noticably lower. I am much closer to being flat footed on the 1000RR at just over 5'6" than on my 600RR.

·
Registered
525 Posts
GoBB155 said:
I tried out most of the '04 600s before buying my RR and found that they all had a lower seat height, didn't affect my decision though. I won't lower it either.

What I really want to know is why the 1000RR is lower than our bikes. The specs say the seat height is minimally higher but if you sit on one they are noticably lower. I am much closer to being flat footed on the 1000RR at just over 5'6" than on my 600RR.
litre bikes have a tendency to feel shorter because their seats aren't as wide. why? i dunno...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts