Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heading to bike night last weds with a buddy of mine, we decided to go through some twistys that ended up in a state park. Everything went awesome through the twistys I was leading and my buddy was right behind me who is amazing on that cruiser (Yamaha warrior 1700 I think). We get in to the state park then you go down a small hill and over the bridge where the boat docks are and the camp ground and the swimming area. I was doing about 45 coming down the hill but when I came over the bridge I was doing about 35 in low the low rpms so I didn’t draw to many eyes to myself. My buddy was right behind me doing the same speed when I saw a DCNR truck on the side of the road up ahead right my the turn I was taking. I didn’t think anything of it not thinking I was speeding all that much maybe 8 mph over the limit. We make the turn right by the truck and proceed on our way well about 1/4 a mile down the road I see light in the rearview. I start slowing down thinking he will pull my friend over who is right behind me first then we will come and talk to me but no. He fly’s out in the other lane and passes my buddy who was right behind me and gets on my butt and comes over the speaker and tells me to pull over. I was already damn near stopped at the time. I pull over and he gets out and gives the usual "good evening sir do you know why I’m pulling you over"... I say no not really sure I don’t think I was speeding. He laughs a little bit and says yea right I estimated your speed about 65-70 mph across the bridge, so if I can see you license registration and proof of insurance. I give them to him and then ask him if I can see the radar gun because I knew I wasn’t going that fast... He replays" Well we don’t have radar guns or any speed control device; I just estimated your speed". At this point I’m kind of confused on how he has the right to pull me over but just kept quite and was being respectful. He says well since you didn’t give me and problems I’m just going to let you go on your way just promise to keep it slow through the park and I agree knowing I wasn’t speeding. At this point my buddy on the cruiser who was doing the same speed as I was has pulled up in front of me. Right before the officer gets in his truck I ask him why he didn’t pull my buddy over as well because he was doing the same speed as I was. He says" because I would have bet that you were going to run from me because your on a bike that could beat this truck pretty easily on these roads” I give a little chuckle and explain that not everyone that rides a sport bike runs when they get pulled over.... Sorry guys for the novel I just had to vent a little bit because of the ignorance of some people

The pic that i snaped on my am phone for s&gs

The pic my buddy snapped while waiting for me

·
Registered
413 Posts
Know how you feel man. I used to work down the road for a couple College's and was pulled twice cause they thought I was speeding and I pulled over the second I saw lights. You could tell they were lookin for a chase.

I've got a couple friends that are LEOs. But cops in university towns def have an inferiority complex.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Your main problem was not "said speeding", but stopping to find out what kind of ticket your buddy was getting.

Riding tip 1. Curiosity killed the cat. If you see popo lights and you're in the middle or of a group ride or leading... Chances are they don't want you. So proceed to downshift and get the hell away. ahahaha

I did that once and every single one of the back got pissed and also downshifted and bolted. ahahah The leader was like WTF? But he knew so he also bolted.AHAHAA

·
Registered
371 Posts
Your main problem was not "said speeding", but stopping to find out what kind of ticket your buddy was getting.

Riding tip 1. Curiosity killed the cat. If you see popo lights and you're in the middle or of a group ride or leading... Chances are they don't want you. So proceed to downshift and get the hell away. ahahaha

I did that once and every single one of the back got pissed and also downshifted and bolted. ahahah The leader was like WTF? But he knew so he also bolted.AHAHAA
That response right there is the reason they pulled him over. Glad ya got outta it, sucks being profiled though.

·
I need more COWBELL!!
779 Posts
Its that sexy yellow..LOL!! I got meesed with just sitting in a gas station parking lot once. " Wht you got on all that gear? You plan on doing something stupid?"

Cops......

·
Registered
171 Posts
glad you kept your kool. profiling does suck. ride safe.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sucks man! whats up with that!!! Yo shockerpntbll you paintball alot?

lol yea you could say that... 5 years of my life... From Canada to flordia i played tournys well untill i bought my bike and sold my gear... But i just bought a new shocker bout 2 months ago so im gonna start back up

lol the sad thing is it wasnt even the fuzz a freakin tree hugger lol

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
F --- THE POLICE:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: AT LEAST THAT ONE!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
He says" because I would have bet that you were going to run from me because your on a bike that could beat this truck pretty easily on these roads”
That comment is puzzling.

If he really thought you were going to run why incite a dangerous situation by flagging you.

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts

are you drunk? You have the most retarded responses to every post lol :hump:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts