Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says... Why did you start stunting?

I'm very interested into starting to stunt but I'm not sure if I have the "reasons" to start. My reasons would be:
Want to expand my riding skills
Want to either track or stunt my bike
Experience something new, I'm amazed at what stunters can do
My bike will never be in "showroom condition" so why waste money to make it "pretty"
and basically to have fun....

I know that stunting is not cheap, it is dangerous, but in the long run it is rewarding.

·
Registered
45 Posts
if your gonna go the stunting route i would suggest learning staggered stand-ups and just work your way to getting them slower and higher. the dude i bought my bike from was super good at stunting and i actually have a set of tygershark stunt cages i would sell you cheap too if you have an 07 or newer 600rr. i left my bike stunted until i needed new sprockets and i learned alot, on the island i live on pretty much everyone knows me as the wheelie guy haha. but ive almost had a few reckless tickets because i cant seem to help myself. personally i think tracking your bike would be the way you really learn your bike and what its capable of if thats the focus for changing it up. but i dont think it matters what you decide because tracking or stunting your gonna have fun either way. good luck bro

·
Registered
163 Posts
As the title says... Why did you start stunting?

I'm very interested into starting to stunt but I'm not sure if I have the "reasons" to start. My reasons would be:
Want to expand my riding skills
Want to either track or stunt my bike
Experience something new, I'm amazed at what stunters can do
My bike will never be in "showroom condition" so why waste money to make it "pretty"
and basically to have fun....

I know that stunting is not cheap, it is dangerous, but in the long run it is rewarding.
Thats the answer bud... Its all about fun.. Ya its a very expensive hobby, but there is nothing else like it.. Do what you feel bro.. If speed is your bag then stunting should prolly fall behind track.. But... Anyone can lay into the throttle and go fast.. Takes something more wheelie in circles at idle speeds.. Depends on YOU man.. Do what you love. Jus stay safe..

heres my bike the day i bought it, cages, idle adjuster, vortex clip ons, renthal +4 or +5 on the rear sprocket
FAIL.......

·
Registered
45 Posts
thanks man, it deff looks alot different now. im gonna put her back together here this weekend and take some good pics if the weather is nice. the blue is a nice color combo tho, you dont see to many of them. lookin good in the pics, keep at the wheelies.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ya I everything I own ends up Blue somehow... ??? Lol.. In the blood or something. Thanks.. I am at one with my inner wheelie!!!! :shakehand

·
Registered
7,219 Posts

figured i would help you out

i just noticed how high you have your levers, i dont know how you can ride like that...i keep mine a lot lower useless point

·
Registered
45 Posts
haha...yeah thats actually the pic the dude sent me before i bought the bike. now ive got some asv shorties on there and its deff not that high haha. he was pretty good though, watched him do a 180 stoppie into a seat standing wheelie so it worked for him! haha so how did you post the pic like that?

·
Registered
639 Posts
When I got my bike I wanted to learn to wheelie, cause, well why the F*** not? they looked (and are) fun.

I am still not a "Stunter" I am just a rider that likes to do wheelies and stoppies.

I would suggest learning wheelies on a dirt bike, or a stunt bike, cause you will crash it. **** even get get a scooter and wheelie that, they come with stock hand brakes and it will hurt alot less when you loop it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts