Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen this on several bikes. They tie money to one of the cables in the front, usually the front brake cable on the inside on the bike. I seen this on 3 bikes already. Just wondering does anyone know why?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I believe those are dollar bills given by other people for good luck

·
Registered
539 Posts
I know we have the little guardian angel bells here in FL... Ive never heard nor seen of said dollar bills.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My buddy tied a dollar bill to my brake cable for good luck when I first bought my bike... Similar to when someone puts change on the floor of a new car or tie a dollar to the holy sh$t handles... It's common place up here from what I can tell... Most of the guys I know that ride have one some where on their bike including the bells.

·
Registered
378 Posts
my friend just gave me a guardian bell the other day! just have no idea where to hang it.

the money thing, never seen it

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
no body in MI has extra money to be tying to their friends bike:crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bought my 08 CBR off a guy in Brooklyn, and after i brought it home I noticed he tied a bill on the brake cable. Cant really see it or notice it unless your looking for it.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
never seen it out here.

californians are kinda isolated.
Ya..I guess so. I've never seen, nor heard of this til now.

Only superstition I know of directly tied to money is if you give somebody a wallet as a gift. Meaning, it shouldn't be empty when you give it to them.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts