Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just an observation. I come from a cruiser crowd and have never really had this issue until I started riding my 600. Why does the Sport bike crowd seem more interested in what people pay for things? My bike, helmet, camera, gloves, sticker, ect. Cruiser crowds never really made it a big topic yet for some reason its a big topic with Sport riders. Don't get me wrong, I have put my input into a few posts about pricing, but iv never been badgered with "nice bike, what it cost?" "Nice helmet, what that run?" "Camera is cool, bet that set you back!" as much as I do now with the the 600.
Have any of you noticed this? I never really cared what people paid.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Sport bike crowd is more conscious of proper gear I would bet. It generally cost alot too depending on how you shop?

I have alot of people ask me that too. I kinda figure they just think its cool and wonder how much i payed. I dont take it personally etc..

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think it has more to do with the normal age range of sportbike riders.. Maybe not into their careers completely so money can be tight and any money you spend can in a way be scrutinized..

Where generally cruiser riders are a little older, maybe have come into a little money from working for some years so buying a full set of Vance and Hines pipes for your road king or street glide isn't as big of a deal...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it has more to do with the normal age range of sportbike riders.. Maybe not into their careers completely so money can be tight and any money you spend can in a way be scrutinized..

Where generally cruiser riders are a little older, maybe have come into a little money from working for some years so buying a full set of Vance and Hines pipes for your road king or street glide isn't as big of a deal...
This makes sence

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I don't see it often, but when I have personally only asked when I am personally interested in buying it or something similar. I never really have any feeling D-measuring. Hell, my helmet was $1,000 but my jacket was $100. Gloves were $40 and boots were $275. Some stuff just works well and fits nice if it's cheap or expensive!

I like to ask around for custom parts or parts not made for our bikes so i know what I could be getting into. I get a lot of questions on my CB1000R that has a lot of non-US parts on it and even a wheel from an old VFR750F.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nope, never noticed it.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I've never noticed it in the crowd that I hang out with. Usually it's more like someone saying "Hey, Bell have a sale atm and their helmets are $300!" or the like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts