Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title ^ says.

I don't get it, I'm looking to buy my first bike, but I see that people get their bike for a couple months, a year and turn around and sell it so quickly.

Whats up with that. why do people do that so often.

V

·
0 Posts
One main reason is that a lot of people feel the need to have the biggest and baddest bike out at the time. A lot of people start on 600s and "think" they already out ride the thing after a year so they have to "upgrade" to a 1000 to fit in with their other squid buddies. I'm sure there are other reasons, but those are some main ones.

L

·
0 Posts
EndlessRR said:
Cause they get a bike that's not right for them and learn that after they crash it.
and then they upgrade to a liter bike :lol2:

·
Registered
248 Posts
1.) The person bought a bike that was too big for them, they were overwhelmed intimidated by it, got scared and felt like selling it?

2.) The person bought a bike that was too little for them, they grew out of it, and wanted a literbike, or something bigger...

:shrug:

Actually the RIGHT way to do it is to get a GS500 or EX500 as a first bike, learn to ride the crap out of it, then move up to an I4 600cc sports bike. So its not always a bad thing to have a bike for a short time.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Person buys a bike for less than what its worth rides it for a month turns around and makes 1k or more. Hmm done that a couple times.

:) nothing like having more than 3 bikes in your garage all at one time trying to decide what to ride today. :bounce: :bitchslap:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yep, I have to agree with the above, there is a local here that seen a few of us riding around, and went and bought a gixxer 1000. He kept it for about 2 months then sold it back and bought a quad after almost soiling his pants 2 times.

I myself started on a 1992 Yamaha Seca II, for 3 years and 18 k miles that was my ride. Good ole 49hp.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
luckydevil said:
EndlessRR said:
Cause they get a bike that's not right for them and learn that after they crash it.
and then they upgrade to a liter bike :lol2:

JRdenny... :spit: Remeber those days? That was funny.

What Vin said...people either buy and then think they need something bigger then 599cc's or they just don't like riding as much as they thought they would. Riding's not for everyone.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Everyone knows that upgrading your displacement is a replacement for skill... :twisted:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree with the theory of people upgrading to bigger bikes. In addition, I think a good number of people buy a bike for the first time and can't justify the note and insurance to only ride in warm months. Its like credit cards, people buy what they can't afford. When they realize that its an expensive luxury thats usually the first to go when money gets tight. I see tons of ads around here in the used vehicle publications that will say at the end "must go, baby on the way" or " must go, buying a house."

·
Registered
881 Posts
Aside from the liter bike upgrade comments, some guys always want to have the latest toys. These are after all to the majority of riders just expensive toys. They play with it, mod it, race it and when the newest model comes out they want to have the latest. They don't rely on it as their only means of transportation. Those transportation guys tend to keep their bikes much longer.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I would have to say 'Out with the OLD, and in with the NEW!' I can see where some people like to have the lastest things. Not me, I will stick with my '03 600RR for a few years.

It also could be family or friends. Or just maybe the bike scared the hell out of them!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool just wondering, I'm looking to get a 600RR. I was going to buy a 750 but realized it was to much for what I wanted to do. I've heard a few people say, oh you get tired of the lack of power from a 600 but, it's not like i'm gonna be out there gunning to red line all the time. And some fat guy I know rides a 600 and that bike pulls his fat butt around nicely, I'm only 155 lbs. so the 600 should be fine. I rode my brother 750 and didn't feel comfortable with the bike but that was a few years back, now he has an 1100 GSXR its like a 90 something, and I wont get on it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
A lot of people lose interest in it after a couple of months. Some of them watch racers and think "so cool! I want to do that" but don't realize that to get that good you have to put in a TON of hardwork just like anything else.

Also, people who say a 600 has no power are either extremely fast racers or just do not know how to ride.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts