Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do we do what we do? We risk serious injury and death each time we ride. What is it that makes us push complete safety aside? Is it that the thrill is so high , the trade off is worth it? People are dying and being paralyzed everyday but it doesn't even so much as make us want to stop. I know I will ride til the day I die. I may have to slow down and cut down on stunts but I will not stop. WHY?

·
Registered
161 Posts
for me,
its not as close to home. i hear stories about it, but when im out just cruzin
im not thinking about it.
ignorance is bliss?

·
Registered
725 Posts
because it gets me away from all of that ... i'm not thinking about that, work, the girlfriend, nothing, except for the road in front of me and the pavement that is kissing my kneeslider

·
Registered
327 Posts
chicks?? thats at stupid reason... if that is the reason... low self-esteem eh? Do you also wear a dark visor on the roads to hide your face? LoL. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
212 Posts
because most of us firmly believe that we are invincible and nothing bad will happen to us. there's a strong blood of optimism that flows in our veins.

are we crazy? yes, a little bit. are we nuts? definitely!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I ride and smile. Now tricks, no wheelies, no idiotic moves. Pressing on the thumbstarter is where it all begins, as to what you do afterwards is all up to you. Alot of you folks are into stunting and blingin' out your bikes. My only question is, why? Whats the purpose? So that you **** up more **** when it goes down? Or you wanna make something thats fast ass hell even faster? Useless? Yes. As a matter of fact, from what i've learned about souping **** up, is that your just ******* it up the more your put into it. Well, enough of my uselss ********, which i know you guys don't want to hear. Oh yeah, if you have something to say about what i've just posted, just look at my avatar.

U

·
0 Posts
I have thought of going to track only, but you know what? You just have to live. Can't be worried about everything all the time. Aerosmith said it well: Life's a journey, not a destination.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
typeshx98 said:
chicks?? thats at stupid reason... if that is the reason... low self-esteem eh? Do you also wear a dark visor on the roads to hide your face? LoL. :bitchslap:

Yes, chicks, low self esteme, AND a dark visor, beotch

I ride because I love riding, there's nothing better, it's bad ass, and fun as hell...I don't think ANYTHING looks cooler than a bad-ass bike...and it's like a roller-coaster type feeling every time I throw my leg over, I love it, the rush is ridiculous...I just...love it too much to not do it because of injury or in worse case: death...I guess I just don't really think about it, and it hasn't really hit close to home...but it's not really any different than getting in a car, or going for a jog, sh't can happen anywhere you go, what ever you're doing, everyone takes risks in life, some are just bigger than others. And I love my risk

·
Registered
383 Posts
i would rather ride then pay some shrink to listen to my problems, plus its about the same price.
riding for me is a passion and helps me clear my head. i don't really think about the injuries until i read it on this board or see it on the news. my girl asked me the other day when i told her about one of our own crashing and being peralized now and she asked me the same thing. but its like i said, once i go for a ride all that disapears.
so why do we do it, because we love it.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
I have been riding since I was 10yrs old. It is apart of me, who i am. When i had my 1st bad crash (3 yrs ago) and got busted up pretty bad my parents asked me if I would sell the bikes. I explained to them as nicely as I could, that bikes are a very important part of my life and that I cannot imagine my life without riding. The feeling I get when I am riding far out weighs the dangers. With age I have come to realize that we are not invincible, so my street antics (street racing) have stopped and I ride only with full gear....I know I can still get badly hurt or even die at the track....but to me it is a risk worth taking.

Ride smart everyone
BigT

·
Registered
165 Posts
The best riders are the ones that can do what JetBlast10, dres79, and RivalxCBR said. If you can put everything out of your mind and just ride - you focus your attention on the throttle, the line, and the road instead of the job, the chick, and the life. If you worry about falling, crashing, and death then I don't want to ride with you, because thats what you'll bring.

If those things are weighing on your mind HRC600RR, you should take a break for a few days to get your head straight. Or were you just making a casual observation?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You want to know my reason? It may sound silly to some of you, but where I'm from, no one does it. Everyone around here are in cages. When I see someone else on a bike, it feels like an exclusive club. Not everyone is cut out to do it. Everytime I grab my helmet and head to the garage, I get an excited feeling in my stomach that I can't explain. Once I push the button and pull out of the driveway, that feeling goes away and is replaced by a focus. I know it may sound silly to some, but my bike makes me feel special. It's not a self esteem thing. It's not a vanity thing. It's not a chick thing. It's a me thing. *end of rant* :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
motorcycling has inherent risk, but the reason we ride is because the joy of riding far exceeds these risks. in my opinion, going through life wishing you were riding is far worse than getting hurt doing something you love. read my signature...its my philosophy on life. however, i draw the line when myself, or someone else, takes a risk that impacts someone else who didn't want to take a risk. i have no respect for people who use public streets as a racetrack and subject innocent bystanders to their mistakes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts