Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently been able to get my front wheel off the ground a little. Not a proper wheelie but it's still addicting. First time I got it slightly up was last week...probably only a couple inches and felt the handlebars wobble real quick before it went back down. Started coming up around 50mph throttle pegged (in a 45mph zone), so i had to let off. But today I had the chance to let 1st gear rip from 0-65ish and probably got the wheel up about a foot with a fresh tank of gas.

I know these still aren't really wheelies but the feeling is still pretty awesome. I haven't had the opportunity/place to actually practice doing a real wheelie but this is still fun none the less.

How'd you feel your first time? ;)

if you wanted to know I'm all stock.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no I mean the bars shook when in the air, I guess I was putting a little too much pressure on one side of the bars when it when up for a second.

·
Registered
163 Posts
How about you keep that front wheel on the ground before you hurt someone.... Pretty obvious you dont know what your doing.. Not hating.. Just learn the right way before an accident happens that you can't take back... Just a thought..

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
How about you keep that front wheel on the ground before you hurt someone.... Pretty obvious you dont know what your doing.. Not hating.. Just learn the right way before an accident happens that you can't take back... Just a thought..
quoted for truth. dont do that stuff with ppl around you. youre gona end up like one of those gsxr riders.
on a 'closed' road or something have at it if thats what you wish.
kudos

·
Registered
147 Posts
they are addicting man .. i just cant stop now

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow so much hate in a stunting forum...never knew testing out what your bike does WOT was a bad thing, how is that not really knowing what you're doing? not saying I'm an expert or experienced even, but with 3500 miles I think it's about time I know what the bike does full WOT in first gear. sure I don't know how to clutch it up or even roll off then on to get it up or whatever, that's not my intention. Why do you think I'm not actually attempting to really pop any up? did you even read I'm not even trying to practice them yet, it's just simply accelerating, not fancy throttle action. and Not trying to ride a wheelie. Geez people calm down.

Back on topic

with that said it's still exhilarating and I am looking forward to learning how to do it and yes the right way (clutching it) before you guys go on another mini flame fest. all my buddies keep saying just roll on and off but with reading i just want to learn by clutching it since its instant and more controlled

more personal stories, less pedestal talk ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
wow so much hate in a stunting forum...never knew testing out what your bike does WOT was a bad thing, how is that not really knowing what you're doing? not saying I'm an expert or experienced even, but with 3500 miles I think it's about time I know what the bike does full WOT in first gear. sure I don't know how to clutch it up or even roll off then on to get it up or whatever, that's not my intention. Why do you think I'm not actually attempting to really pop any up? did you even read I'm not even trying to practice them yet, it's just simply accelerating, not fancy throttle action. and Not trying to ride a wheelie. Geez people calm down.

Back on topic

with that said it's still exhilarating and I am looking forward to learning how to do it and yes the right way (clutching it) before you guys go on another mini flame fest. all my buddies keep saying just roll on and off but with reading i just want to learn by clutching it since its instant and more controlled

more personal stories, less pedestal talk ;)
Move your ignorant power wheelies to the "general" threads.. This is STUNTERS CORNER...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dude, do you not even read? or do you only see what you want to. I was talking about the first time you get the front wheel to come up. and the main subject is the thrill of doing a wheelie period, which is a STUNT....not a subject of doing power wheelies...I guarantee you everyone has gotten the wheel up, intentional or not going wide open throttle in 1st gear, so you need to relax. I'm not trying to ride out a wheelie yet just wanted to discuss other peoples experiences were with wheelies, when they first got the feeling of one. Get off your high horse and come back down to earth.

moving on...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just any little wheelie is not a stunt buddy.. You come up to BP at idle, Then maybe you can say stunt.. Wheelies arent a joke.. Not something you should role out doing at any place..Learn right man... Time and place..

As I said before.. Keep your wheel on the ground before YOU cost someone else...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
you guys really are taking this out of context. i've already said these weren't "real" wheelies and already stated i haven't tried practicing due to lack of opportunity and PLACE. i have mentioned when i do decide to actually practice a wheelie i will be trying to clutch it up. i would like to have sum1 actually show me than try to do it by reading a thread. because even when i accidentally give it too much gas when i let the clutch out .when up shifting, it scares the crap outta me, when it jerks real quick. i was not trying to ride a wheelie. so relax really stop bein so stubborn people. and lets get back to the real subject.

how'd you feel when you first wheelied or got the wheel off the ground?

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are haters in all these forums, everyone thinks they're better than the next for some reason. They also seem to find the urge to tell everyone else how to ride their bike. Keep doing your thing with the power wheelies, you've got to learn somehow. Experimenting and practice was always the best way for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
DivineStrike,

I know what you mean. I've been riding this bike for a little over a year and finally decided to find a nice flat, empty parking lot to practice some clutchups about a month ago. It took like 10 tries before I finally had the balls to give it enough gas to pop-up. It was actually less scary than I thought, and less scary than when I didn't give it enough gas to pop the front end up... so that when I dropped the clutch it shot forward instead of up (I hope that makes sense).

Anyways, they're definitely still fun and new to me. Since then I've gone about once or twice a week to that parking lot to practice, just trying to get the feel from different speeds in first and second gear to pop it up close to BP and use throttle/rear brake to control the height.

Keep it safe out there, 2 wheels on the ground if there are cars around for me. I still enjoy the twisties much more than the whoolies (maybe bc i'm more confident getting horizontal than vertical and I'd hate to loop the thing), but I can see how its addicting.

-E

·
Registered
163 Posts
how about we give him advice on how and where to do it properly?
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=48739

you guys really are taking this out of context. i've already said these weren't "real" wheelies and already stated i haven't tried practicing due to lack of opportunity and PLACE. i have mentioned when i do decide to actually practice a wheelie i will be trying to clutch it up. i would like to have sum1 actually show me than try to do it by reading a thread. because even when i accidentally give it too much gas when i let the clutch out .when up shifting, it scares the crap outta me, when it jerks real quick. i was not trying to ride a wheelie. so relax really stop bein so stubborn people. and lets get back to the real subject.

how'd you feel when you first wheelied or got the wheel off the ground?
Then stay the **** out the stunt section... What don't you get about that??? Talk about your power wheelies with other posers man.. Dont bring that nonsense here..
There are haters in all these forums, everyone thinks they're better than the next for some reason. They also seem to find the urge to tell everyone else how to ride their bike. Keep doing your thing with the power wheelies, you've got to learn somehow. Experimenting and practice was always the best way for me.
No hate here man.... Just tryin to keep an innocent mother/father/child safe from the ignorance of a novice rider trying to be cool..

Learning is a great experience guys.. Stunting pushes limits you cant reach anywhere else.. Gets you moving.. But guys come on.. Get off the street. MOST riders WANT to know how to wheelie.. Thats great. But do it right. Find a good location away from public. Im not hating on anyones skill. Dont get it twisted. Every one starts at zero.. Just stay safe guys.. Remember your not the only ones on the road.. Stay up...

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
yup yup yup/ ppl on dotnet seem to be here to help. when you see repeated advice, take head to it

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
since my "stunting" crash about 5 months ago i kept both wheels on the ground.. just scared to continue to learn on my own...
what would be the best way to safely lern ??

·
Registered
163 Posts
since my "stunting" crash about 5 months ago i kept both wheels on the ground.. just scared to continue to learn on my own...
what would be the best way to safely lern ??
Find a lot... Or some place away from the public..
Then.....
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=48739
I believe this should answer pretty much any newb question... If not... Stay the hell off the back wheel.. And Gear up buddy!!! Stay safe.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.