Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lock up the back brake and slide to a stop. Been riding for years and never seen this on any other of my bikes. When I am just messing around and I lock up the back brake to slide for shits and giggles, my bike dies. (2005 cbr600rr) Doesnt do this on the 07 1k RR though. Anyone know?!

K

·
0 Posts
you're locking the back wheel up, while it's in gear? that will kill the motor on anything with a manual transmission... that's called a stall.

i think you need to expand your description of what you're doing for your question to make any sense.

·
Registered
41 Posts
From what i have heard/read Supposedly the 07 1K has a "slipper transmission" of sorts, it works like a slipper clutch would. the 600rr has noting like that. so when you lock up the rear wheel while its in gear it stalls the bike.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Unless the bikes you owned were front wheel drive your question makes no sense. Of course the engine is going to die when you stop it from moving. The engine gives power to the rear wheel, if you lock the rear wheel you are essentially killing the engine.

If you still have enough speed and you let go of the brake you are basically push starting the bike on again. You can hold the clutch and that will stop it from stalling.

·
Registered
496 Posts
From what i have heard/read Supposedly the 07 1K has a "slipper transmission" of sorts, it works like a slipper clutch would. the 600rr has noting like that. so when you lock up the rear wheel while its in gear it stalls the bike.
The 07 1k does not have a slipper or anything similar. A slipper will not prevent you front stalling the bike. The 08 1k does have a slipper, but it wouldn't matter for this.

You should not be locking the rear wheel and skidding it. If you have to, pull in the clutch or click into neutral before you do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts