Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 07cbr600rr with 580 miles a few weeks ago, changed the oil at 600ish and then i noticed slack in the chain, so the chain was adjusted and cleaned. This fixed some of the jerking in between shifts.. But man it is weird, I dunno why but I dont feel right downshifting before a sharp turn, and then giving it more gas because its almost like a "whipping" effect... Hard getting comfortable, say i am cruising in 1st gear, i let off the gas, and then i try to get back into it slowly, hold on because it literally whips me. I dont think my friends 06 r6 was like this... eh. I'm a new rider btw

Sean

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks guys... so I need more seat time. And yes they are snappy, which is why I dont like to stay in lower gears lol I put about 600 miles on it so far, it should come with time though. thanks for the clutch tip.. I'll work on it. I'm not real comfortable with tight turns yet either. Hopefully when i do the riding test with the cones at the dmv i dont mess up lol, when i slow down almost to a stop, and then get back into the throttle.. I guess that is where I need to use some clutch? Or else it is real snappy

thanks

sean

·
Registered
412 Posts
at low speeds, slip the clutch and maintain a constant throttle, use the rear brake and clutch to modulate your speed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k good pointers... I just got back from riding and that does help, the jumpyness I describe in/out of throttle is actually like a reaction for the power to get to the ground, say you are on decel and then you give it gas... it feels like a loose chain i dont get it. Maybe thats how these bikes are?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
There is slack in the chain and backlash in the tranny. You'll learn to smoothly transition from decel to accel.

If you want to practice for the riding test. Set some things out in the street ( or somewhere with little traffic) and just ride around them slowly. If you can master riding your bike under 5MPH, the test will be easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts