Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi agian...as some of uu may already know...im trying to hook uup ma switch for my low beam...everytime i hook it up and turn the bike on...the 20amp fuuse blows..
here are my balast specs::

this is the switch im uusing::

and this is my setuup::

am i doing something wrong??
any help would be muuch appreciated..

· Premium Member
14,406 Posts
Because you have it wired positive to negative on the switch.......

Cut the power wire and hook both side that you cut up to the switch. One side one leg, the other side to the other leg.

Recap. Cut the red wire. Leave the black one straight through no switch.

· Registered
6,526 Posts
Forget electrical tape! It melts!!!

Go to a home depot or lowes and buy some stake ons! Do it RIGHT!

· Registered
3,397 Posts
Forget electrical tape! It melts!!!

Go to a home depot or lowes and buy some stake ons! Do it RIGHT!
It depends. Regular electrical tape can melt, but now theres "fire proof" electrical tape that should hold up to most temperatures. Sure it costs 5+ times as much but it won't melt. :icon_lol:

· Registered
6,526 Posts
It depends. Regular electrical tape can melt, but now theres "fire proof" electrical tape that should hold up to most temperatures. Sure it costs 5+ times as much but it won't melt. :icon_lol:
If you are talking about friction tape, no it doesn't melt. But it's not made to be used alone, you are then suppose to wrap it with 3M tape.

If you are talking about the 3M tape, yes it will still melt.

It's not so much the tape as it is the glue!

Being an electrical contractor, I go through a lot of tape!

Quit being cheap and go get a crimp tool and some stake ons and do it right!

· Registered
298 Posts
lol, you're connecting positive to negative when you turn that switch on. Think about the path of the electricity like water in a hose flowing from positive to negative. You don't even need to tap in to the positive side. Just the negative wire needs to be cut, then the switch completes that connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.