Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why doesnt 600rr.net have a map database?

after going and spending some time on 1000rr the last couple days i was wondering why there isnt a map database stickied on this site with people listing their mods and dyno tuned maps etc... i realize that the best map for each bike has to be custom made for each persons specific application but i know personally if i just finish spending money on an exhaust and pc3 i wont exactly have the funds to be reserving hours on a dyno immediatly. i guess i would just use a map off the pc3 site but if somebody had a custom map and the same mods as me i dont really know what it would hurt to try their map. any opinions on this subject?

·
Registered
500 Posts
good idea. maybe we could make some sort of sticky and upload everybodys custom maps. i dont mind doing so even though i spent $250 on a custom dyno tune. anything to help the community!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I'm all for it as long as everyone realizes that the "name" brand isn't as important as the configuration of the bikes mods. So try several to see which one fits best. Don't just look for "Yoshi" maps if you have a Yoshi pipe.

·
Registered
329 Posts
this would be a decent idea

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
i was going to make a thread about this a few weeks ago...
however i got caught up in the whore domain and forgot

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good idea. maybe we could make some sort of sticky and upload everybodys custom maps. i dont mind doing so even though i spent $250 on a custom dyno tune. anything to help the community!
yeah, im sure there would be some people who may not want to participate because they spent the money and dont want to share, but even if i were to use a someone elses map to get by for awhile i would eventually get mine dyno tuned and post it up.

i think it may be interesting to see the difference in maps for people who have the same mods or are at different elevations. it would be interesting to see how different a "good" tune is on fairly similar bikes.

oh, if this were to happen, it may be nice for those that post up their maps to list how long it took on the dyno and what the cost was. i see countless threads for people like me wondering how long and how much a custom map was also.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Like gaines said about the money that users have spent is kinda hard to swallow. Atleast in my eyes. I spent 380 for my full tune, that included 20,40,60,80, and 100% throttle tunes and graphs for each one. I told a few members that I would go by the dyno and get the charts and map on usb for them.
If the admins could work out something where the users who have been here for a certain amount of time or something so we dont get a flood of users from other boards because we have a free database would be a nice idea.
I dont want people to get the impression I dont want to GIVE out my map for free, I just want this to be the best situation for other loyal users to this board. This site has taught me everything I have learned and saved me a sh*t load of cash by not having to go to the dealer so I would like to give something back as well.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow, it shocks me that this only got 8 replies. i guess this means no sharing. fine, im taking my ball and going home:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts