Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious why don't bikes come with frame sliders and the misc sliders stock. I say most of us put sliders on the bike, so why not just have the bike come with it?

Is it just a budget thing, where manufacturers don't want to dish out the extra bucks for it? Or perhaps, an inconvenience to design?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
cuz they're not gonna crash the bike...you are. so you put em on.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Because someone somewhere ran a crazy complex equation and the answer to that equation fell within acceptable limits. In short they found they would save more money and not lose many customers by not putting sliders on the bikes. The process would require more parts, more machinery, more time, and more money. Would you all not buy a bike because it didn't have sliders. Honda's research said no you wouldn't. Plus, if the sliders accidently snapped off or somehow didn't do their job people would blame Honda.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Because someone somewhere ran a crazy complex equation and the answer to that equation fell within the acceptable limits. In short they found that they would save more money and not lose a many customers by not putting frame sliders on the bikes. The process would require more parts, more machinery, more time, and more money. Would you all not buy a bike because it didn't have sliders. Honda's research said no you wouldn't. Plus, if the sliders accidently snapped off or somehow didn't do their job people would blame Honda.
Well said.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Its all about the Benjamen's. They make more money selling more parts.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm glad someone understood what I was trying to say. I don't even think I understand what I wrote. Things get confusing when you use the word 'not' every other word.

ByTheWay, that was just my opinion, I have no clue how huge corporations make decisions, but I'm pretty sure it's all financially driven even down to the smallest detail. Am I right to assume they use equations and statistics, is this what the Business Majors study?

I never even thought about the option of raising the price of the bike to accommodate the cost of putting sliders on. Hmmmm, I wonder what that says about me, anyways, what do you all think about paying a little extra for frame sliders, or perhaps it could be an option. Sounds pretty good, but they would still be liable for the Frame Sliders if they didn't function properly.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Parts for vehicles are like video games and video game systems. They make more money on accessories than the large unit whether it be a bike car or game system. They also add accessories to a limit. They use market research and statistics for teh demographic they would like to appeal to. I did a marketing project on car manufacturers in college a while back.

So in short they realize that they will not lose customers to not having frame sliders on their bikes. Secondly they were losing some market share on the 1000cc bikes mainly to Suzuki. So what did they do? Integrated lights, lighted mirrors and they copied the exhaust. Its all about market reseach, the demographic they want to reach and like someone else said the bottom line. Zukes have much more amenities on them but they are also constructed much more poorly than Honda.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Because sliders are for pussies, they detract from the looks of the bike and generaly speaking motorcycle manufactures do not want to be associated with a puss that does not know how to ride.

suzuki did make one of their limited editions with sliders from the factory, but that is suzuki so that is not saying much.

serioulsy **** sliders, learn how to ride, 99.9999999999% of crashes are human error, even though the rider would like to blame it on cold tires, road conditions or what ever. Learn to ride for the given conditions.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Because sliders are for pussies, they detract from the looks of the bike and generaly speaking motorcycle manufactures do not want to be associated with a puss that does not know how to ride.

suzuki did make one of their limited editions with sliders from the factory, but that is suzuki so that is not saying much.

serioulsy **** sliders, learn how to ride, 99.9999999999% of crashes are human error, even though the rider would like to blame it on cold tires, road conditions or what ever. Learn to ride for the given conditions.
Does this post sound retarded or is it just me. If you ride a bike, you are guaranteed to drop it at least once. Whether it is in a crash or just you pushing the bike in your garage. The bike will fall eventually.

As for your Suzuki statement. You just don't know.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Does this post sound retarded or is it just me. If you ride a bike, you are guaranteed to drop it at least once. Whether it is in a crash or just you pushing the bike in your garage. The bike will fall eventually.

As for your Suzuki statement. You just don't know.

It Sounds Retarded To Me But Hell What Do I Know

·
Registered
975 Posts

yeah, i hope this is a joke. not very mature thinking for a 28 year old. i would have figured you to be 16 with that post.

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
Liability....

Just like DUFFYRR said...if the slider failed to protect/minimize damage in a crash, honda would be liable. Honda doesn't want that BS.

I personally like the race railz....more protection than a slider, and doesn't really take away from the looks of the bike.

·
Registered
131 Posts
yeah, i hope this is a joke. not very mature thinking for a 28 year old. i would have figured you to be 16 with that post.

:icon_pai:

LOL, most of it was a joke.

I personally dont like them and have only used them on my track bike.

Fact is alot of riders go down because they ride beyond their limits or the conditions they are riding in, but they hardly ever blame themself, its always something else that made them go down.

·
Registered
218 Posts

So your pretty much saying that crashing is for pussies who dont know how to ride. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard on 600rr.net. Why do motoGP bikes have folding levers, frame sliders, thick engine covers... oh i forgot its probably because those guys are pussies and crash.

The reason I have frame sliders on my bike is to protect it WHEN I crash. The reason that I do and will continue to crash is because I am not a vag, I am willing to atleast try and push myself and my bike as close to its limit as possible. When you are being a b1tch and putting your way around a track and someone flies past you like you were standing still in a braking zone, remember, thats because they know how late/hard they can brake without shooting off the track and crashing. Bottom line, if you've been to a track and never crashed, the fact that you havent crashed tells you that your not pushing yourself/the bike to its limit and you need to hang you ball bag out a little more.

·
Registered
131 Posts
dach

you talk but dont even know me. I will not get into a argument over who can ride better on the track, cause I dont know you either or your skill. Yes I have crahed on the track, on the lowside and highside. And yes I know what it feels like when the front or rear steps out and you are able to save it.

Not having sliders on my street bike is just personal preferance, no need for you guys to get upset because I said they were for pussies. You need to grow a sack and not get your panties in a knot.

·
Registered
496 Posts
:icon_pai:

Fact is alot of riders go down because they ride beyond their limits or the conditions they are riding in, but they hardly ever blame themself, its always something else that made them go down.
So since those riders are still going to go down, then why not have sliders on the bike? It makes no sense not to do so. Your logic is like saying, we shouldn't have dentists because we should all just take better care of our teeth.

And as far as being better riders, I don't know a single highly experienced motorcycle rider, including myself, and all my serious rider/racer friends, who hasn't been down on a bike.

As far as why mfgs don't put them on, it is simple. Liability and cost.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
cause its cheaper to replace a engine cover than a frame.
manufacturers are afraid if people drop it and it busts the mount, then people will be dropping lawsuits on their asses left and right to replac ethe bike because their frame sliders didnt work as designed and busted the frame.

·
Registered
218 Posts
First off, i never said anything about me being faster than you or vice versa. Second off, you said that frame sliders were for pussies, I have frame sliders, therefore you are calling me and a lot of other people on this website pussies.

That comment was like saying "f*ck helmets, helmets are for pussies learn how to ride and you wont need one"

So if you've crashed... had sliders... and they have most likely saved your bike from more damage... why would you even make ignorant comments like "sliders are for pussies" and "motorcycle manufactures do not want to be associated with a puss that does not know how to ride."

And trust me, my panties arent in a knot, you brought up a point, i brought up a counter-point. I dont think anyone here is having any hard feelings, just next time you have the urge to post something dumb and make yourself look like you have no idea what your talking about, reconsider just mumbling whatever you were going to say to yourself and leave it at that. Thats just my personal suggestion... take it or leave it

1 - 20 of 59 Posts