Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has come up a couple of times, a good idea to take a look. I have been an admin in the past of car forums and a CoFounder of a popular car club in Colorado years ago. Forums that remain active will stay that way if you have a positive and helpful group of posters, and always some trolls help :).

New member comes in looking for info guides, information, like minded peers and decides to register...

New Member Asks: How do i do X or what would you recommend???

Active Member Answers: USE THE SEARCH FEATURE NOOB

New Member: uses the search feature - Finds info and never talks again.

The reason Social Media is super active, is because there is little way to search, people discuss great topics and have a lot of active conversation. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Forums such as this should be a lot more active than they are, its up to the membership to keep them that way. Remember, people who need info often feel like they are alone and on an island, try getting on that island with them and help.

Kar

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Good info. You also have forum sponsors that pay for the forum to be run. These sponsors also in turn lend a hand with some of their info and give deals to forum members in return for business, return business, word of mouth advertising and overall turn to company for new products/info on the bike/car/truck/boat. Without those sponsors/moderators the forum wouldn't be what it is because members would have to pay or admins would be paying for the sites/servers/web people out of pocket. Plenty of info on this site and plenty of members that can help out with most questions. More lurkers on here than active members lately.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
..and with the end of the CBR600RR, I don't see the forum return to what it used to be. There's only so much that we can talk about one model bike. People used to ask lots of questions (repetitive or not) because everyone was active and they know their questions will get answered. If you only get 1 view or 1 answer, there's no motivation to post.

·
Registered
348 Posts
And do you notice that it seems like the majority of new threads are new member introductions? Aside from that it is a bit quiet here...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I blame Facebook.
I belong to an Australian forum called Bikeme, it too is slowing down but it still has a strong pulse.
We talk about bikes, everything else and more bikes.
Just not cars mkay.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
A bit? It's basically death. We used to have a bumping place here.
It always was lively in here wasn't it! I think you've scared the majority of them away mate. Haha.

·
Registered
389 Posts
A bit? It's basically death. We used to have a bumping place here.
You are right, but some of us new comers are trying to keep this place bumping. I blame Honda for building such a good motorcycle. I have owned an Xr100, an F2, and now a 600RR, and each has been better than the last. It seems to me Honda builds such a good motorcycle, every question had been answered ten times over

·
Registered
348 Posts
You are right, but some of us new comers are trying to keep this place bumping. I blame Honda for building such a good motorcycle. I have owned an Xr100, an F2, and now a 600RR, and each has been better than the last. It seems to me Honda builds such a good motorcycle, every question had been answered ten times over
Yes, I have been reading on here for a couple years now, but have only been a member for a few months, so I am a relative newcomer myself.

I started as a youth on a CR125, then moved up to a YZ400, took to the streets on an Interceptor 500, and recently moved up to the 600RR.

I like it here, thanks everyone. Lots of valuable information.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I dont really come on here much in the winter because Im not really riding my bike or dont need info but I like to see what other people talk about, soon as the salt and cinders are oof the road Ill be riding

·
Registered
389 Posts
I dont really come on here much in the winter because Im not really riding my bike or dont need info but I like to see what other people talk about, soon as the salt and cinders are oof the road Ill be riding
Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to be in Southern California. Year round riding season and legal lane splitting. Now if only there were some tracks closer to SD...

·
Registered
122 Posts
What happend to the Bike Of The Month and Bike Of The Year? Is the problem that not enough bikes enter, or none at all, it could be a certain sign that the forum is indeed dying... Albeit a slow death.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
People have moved on from the 600rr. But you know what? F*ck it! I'm still here partying b!tches.

Ok maybe not, but I am still here always looking up stuff and etc. Also been trying to hunt down a slipper clutch for my 07 7600rr -___-

·
Registered
348 Posts
The last local motorcycle dealer around here closed back in the summer. Oldest Yamaha dealer in Virginia. No shops anywhere nearby. MX track closed too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts