Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was leaving work, when the visor on my helmet somehow came off track and started flopping up against my helmet. i pull off to the side of the road to fix it. as i'm about to pull off, a guy on a monster pulls up to check and see if i was ok.

that wouldn't happen if i was in my car. it seems like everyone looks out for each other who's on a bike, and it doesn't matter what kind of bike it is. if i was in my srt no one would have stopped (unless maybe it was another srt, even then its up in the air), or they would rev their engine at me as they flew by so i can hear their blow off valve.

so its really cool that that's how it is with bikes.

alright, i'm done being sappy

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Good stuff man. :lol:

Same thing happen to me about 4 or 5 years ago. Son was helping me wash the 900 and turned the fuel regulator to off. After I dried the bike, I decided to go for a short ride. About 2 or 3 blocks up, the bike just died. I was sitting there on Hwy 6 and this guy on a Harley rolls up asking me if I needed help. I looked at him, smiled and we both laughed. (Obviously due to the stories about harley's vs. sportbikes) I was gracious and told him I just live up the street and thanks for stopping. Held on to the door of my truck while wife drove us back to the house. After checking all the fuses and cables, I noticed the fuel shut off valve. Surprised me that I got so far with it off..lol.

I always stop for other riders, unless where I am going involves my kids, then kids take priority. :shakehand

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah you deff. feel like your a part of something! I pulled over cuz there was a kawi for sale on the side of the road and it was raining so I was trying to read the sign without getting off the bike and a cop pulls up next to me and asks if im alright. I said yeah im just checking to see how much they want for this bike and he said "those jokers want 6,000 I called about yesterday. I need a replacement for my r6." lol Its pretty cool that most of us all look out for each other.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
happened to me in manhattan i got hit by a cab, he broke my rite rearset and we pulled over (i didnt drop the bike) so as i was arguing with him 2 bikes pulled over a gixxer and a kawi to se if i needed any help i felt so good and asked to take them for a drink somewhere they didnt have time and said thanks. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing would happen to me too. Every time that I pull off on the side of the road, it's a guarantee that a passing motorcycle will slow down or pull over to check and make sure that I'm okay (maybe except Harley riders). The brotherhood is just awesome.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah the other night i went out to dc, parked my bike and just relaxed for a bit. when when 4 bikes rolled up talked to me like they new for years. and we ended up going out on a ride. this awesome

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
good thread, more stories... wish i had one!

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
I had a rider pull over for me after I got hit by a car. Oh wait, the driver of the car told me he was a rider. That really pissed me off. But yeah, I pull over for any rider to check on them. It doesn't matter what kind of bike it is.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
these are the guys who i met in dc and rode with. i'm on the right. one of them was riding a can-am that thing was bad ass.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah, we are nice people...
-we almost always give a friendly wave to each other.
-we very very rarely get into a debate about not letting people hang out with us socially or at events based on what you are riding.
-if we go down, every almost biker and guy/gal who owns a bike comes to your aid.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I to myself pull over if i see another bikes on the side of the road to check if theyre ok, Especially if its on the side of the highway, If you have to pull over on the side of the interstate on a motorcycle and its not a rest stop chances are something is up.

Another time I was out with a buddy on rt80 in NJ and he had just gottan his bike, 95 CBR, He doesnt ride anymore thank god, Never waited at stops signs he just took off without you and was just a lunatic, Anywho he decided to run out of gas on the highway and pulled over in the worst spot with a small shoulder, He just had to turn his reserve on and didnt realize, After like 4 minutes of sitting there and me bitching about being in a bad spot a car pulled up behind us on an angle blocking traffic and asked us if we were ok, Said he was a fellow rider, Very kind of him.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My first time I dropped my bike on the street a cop showed up but didn't write a ticket. He just told me he rides a motorcycle and that I should slow down some and off we went like nothing happen...except for some scratches on my bike. Most likely he felt sorry for me because it was so embarrassing, I'm just glad I had on a full face helmet haha!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I did the same for a guy very early this year. I was on my way to meet someone and when I pulled left off a light he was there on the dirt shoulder looking tired. I pulled off on my side of the road and shouted over asking if he needed a hand.
He had just gotten his bike out of storage, fueled up and as he came to a stop at the light the bike died.
Long story short we pushed the bike back up the road a bit (more than once) then got him rolling enough to jump start it. Keeping it rev'd the bike stayed going and off he went.

Do onto others as you would have them do unto you.

·
BOTM 12/ 07 My Kickstand is up
10,565 Posts
i was at a gas station filling up my cage and noticed this guy on a harley trying desperately to start it for a good minute and it wouldn't crank ... so i showed him how to push start it and off he went ... you could tell it was someone going through a mid life crisis cause he was an old dude in a business suit =P he looked scared as shiet and embarassed when i approached him ... feels awesome to do my good deed for the day especially for a fellow biker no matter what you ride

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
GREAT, now I'm going to brake down on my bike and a bunch of motorcycle riders are going to fly past me without the offering of any help. thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You guys are fu&king living in heaven. It makes me wanna live where you live. No better not I don't wanna ruin your 'hood.

Here in planet x, the cops are unfriendly, people will kill you for a penny, and if you're stuck on the road people will help you to clean your pocket or your wallet.

Fu&k, one day my VTX1300R ran out of gas (and of course it's my stupidity, right?). It's a good thing the nearest gas station is about a mile according to my memory.

So, while pushing the 675 lbs beast, several bikers passed by but they didn't stop. None of the cagers stopped too. And somehow I managed to push the fu&king bike to the gas station. I was completely drenched when I got there (warm weather and with full gear on).

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
You guys are fu&king living in heaven. It makes me wanna live where you live. No better not I don't wanna ruin your 'hood.

Here in planet x, the cops are unfriendly, people will kill you for a penny, and if you're stuck on the road people will help you to clean your pocket or your wallet.

Fu&k, one day my VTX1300R ran out of gas (and of course it's my stupidity, right?). It's a good thing the nearest gas station is about a mile according to my memory.

So, while pushing the 675 lbs beast, several bikers passed by but they didn't stop. None of the cagers stopped too. And somehow I managed to push the fu&king bike to the gas station. I was completely drenched when I got there (warm weather and with full gear on).

Maybe they thought you would rob them??? :crackup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts