Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wuddup. I did some reading on this forum a while back after I purchased my 600rr and realized that our bikes got somewhere in the 30s for the mpgs. However during mixed riding, city and highway, I've found to get mid 40's, up to the low 50's if cruising between 70-80 mph, fully tucked. My '09 has less than 2000 miles and has no mods. Isn't this unusual?.... or just unusual to the types of riders frequenting this forum? :tongue11:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I regularly see 40's on my 2004.

We do get pretty good gas mileage for a machine with high performance numbers.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Wuddup. I did some reading on this forum a while back after I purchased my 600rr and realized that our bikes got somewhere in the 30s for the mpgs. However during mixed riding, city and highway, I've found to get mid 40's, up to the low 50's if cruising between 70-80 mph, fully tucked. My '09 has less than 2000 miles and has no mods. Isn't this unusual?.... or just unusual to the types of riders frequenting this forum? :tongue11:
Your's sounds normal.

30s is on the low side...
so what you 2 are saying is that you get between 336 and 384 miles per tank? you are both smoking crack

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
i think that you just got lucky.
i get about 140-150 miles to a full tank (thats with non aggressive riding). if i push my luck and and wait till the flashing bar stops blinking i'll get about 160ish, but i'v only done that once just to see how far she'll go.

if i go on a really aggressive ride then i'll get about 120-130 miles on a full tank.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
so what you 2 are saying is that you get between 336 and 384 miles per tank? you are both smoking crack
I get 120 +/- each tank, and each fill up is around 3 gallons +/-. I usually fill up before I get to the last bar. I've seen that last bar flash I think twice in my life, I totally $#!T my pants when I first saw it, I thought my gauge was broken :crackup:

But when I have a spirited run on a tank it's not uncommon to get in the low 30's.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Your terrible math is offensive.

Go away.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
So his bike has a 7.5 gallon tank? 7.5 x 50 = 375
it has a 4.8 gal tank but you know that dont you smart as$
Your terrible math is offensive.

Go away.
my math is actually perfect, i just mis read. i read it as saying you were getting 70-80 per gallon as oppose to 40-50's at 70-80mph

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

my math is actually perfect, i just mis read. i read it as saying you were getting 70-80 per gallon as oppose to 40-50's at 70-80mph
I wish I could tell my teachers that when grading my midterms. My math is right but I just used the wrong numbers.:bootyshak:bootyshak

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
What has a 4.8 gallon tank

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lmao!

Good to know it's based on how much action the throttle sees. When I read that 30s were the norm I decided not to use the 600 as a daily and get a Civic for that instead. Good to know my options are still open! :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
as always fellas, YMMV (Your mileage might vary)

Stating "miles per tank" says....NOTHING! (well almost nothing, just a rough idea)
Because some of us fill up when we are not yet empty, others wait untill the bottom light has been flashing for 50 miles before they fill up.

Also our spedometers can be thrown off by things such as changing tires to different profiles, and such. Then there's gearing changes.

·
Registered
14,379 Posts

Sounds like you need to go have a time out and rethink that poor attitude. We didn't post crappy info, you did. Don't get all butt hurt.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Just so we have the correct numbers for the record here.
The tank is around 4.8 gallons with the reserve.
4.8 G X 50MPG = 240 miles per tank

By your math, they would be getting either 80 MPG, or have a 7.68 gallon tank.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Two comments.
I get about 40-43 MPG on my normal commuting.

Please close the thread and combine it with the other 200 threads about gas milage.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.