Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting real tired of people telling me at the track that I need to upgrade my 06 and get an 07/08....I ask them why and they say that newer bikes are better.....I just keep telling them, "If newer is better, why do I have better lap times than you?" Then they shut their mouths. I get the same guys on the street that say the same thing, but they can't keep up with me in the straights or in the twisties.

The only REAL difference in bikes is that the 07/08 is 16 lbs lighter than the 05/06....wow. That's not a big difference on the track....I whipped around the track a few laps on my friends 07 600rr and I was able to shave 3 seconds off of my lap....I could do that on my 600rr with lighter wheels and a lighter exhaust.....

It's not like I don't have the money to buy a new 600rr....but why? I still have a lot of potential to gain on my current 600rr....

I hate posers....

/e rant

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I am getting real tired of people telling me at the track that I need to upgrade my 06 and get an 07/08....I ask them why and they say that newer bikes are better.....I just keep telling them, "If newer is better, why do I have better lap times than you?" Then they shut their mouths. I get the same guys on the street that say the same thing, but they can't keep up with me in the straights or in the twisties.

The only REAL difference in bikes is that the 07/08 is 16 lbs lighter than the 05/06....wow. That's not a big difference on the track....I whipped around the track a few laps on my friends 07 600rr and I was able to shave 3 seconds off of my lap....I could do that on my 600rr with lighter wheels and a lighter exhaust.....

It's not like I don't have the money to buy a new 600rr....but why? I still have a lot of potential to gain on my current 600rr....

I hate posers....

/e rant
No offense but if your already going so fast then shaving 3 seconds off your best lap is huge, 16lb's is not going to just automatically knock off 3 seconds, sorry.

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No offense but if your already going so fast then shaving 3 seconds off your best lap is huge, 16lb's is not going to just automatically knock off 3 seconds, sorry.
I found myself able to carry more speed with less weight....I feel those few lbs might make up the difference...I just couldn't run my 600 after those last few laps....I had to go home.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You live in the US where 2 things are drilled into everyone's mentality:

1. bigger is better
2. newer must be better

Personally, I don't know why you let it bother you so much. Just do what makes you happy and you have no obligation to explain anything to anyone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
even with a power commander there is a better midband?

and yeah, 3 secs is alot of time when you are talking about laps! thats a heck of an improvement

·
Registered
152 Posts
newer is not necessarily better.. stick to what works for you.. in the end, it's your bike and you're the one that will be riding and living with it.. maybe just add an 07 to your collection in the future?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
if u lost 3 seconds by just switching to an 07, that is a HUGE indication that they are right, the newer bike is better.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Read my other posts....
i did and im not sure what any of that proves. if u ride the 07 3 seconds faster than ur 06, thats proof the new bike works better. not saying the 06 isnt a great bike, the 07 is just even more of an improvement on an already GREAT bike.

and the rider makes the most difference anyway. if your faster than your friends, it doesnt matter what your on youll still win.

·
C.F.A. member **New Joyzeeeeeee Racer YAAAA BOY
1,726 Posts
Yeah 3 seconds is huge especially when you're going from your bike to a stock bike. Now imagine what you could do with a tuned 07.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm sticking with my 06.

It's better than me anyway, and dare I say faster than a stock 07. Plus new bikes cost $$$$, and I'm more than happy with mine. Even if I'm living in ignorance about how good the new one is.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
because its shinier and people think its better...they keep forgetting that the rider is one the biggest factors of the equation

·
C.F.A. member **New Joyzeeeeeee Racer YAAAA BOY
1,726 Posts
because its shinier and people think its better...they keep forgetting that the rider is one the biggest factors of the equation

ok same rider on both bikes. he rides his modded 06 but shaves 3 secs off a lap on a stock 07 which bike is better?

·
Registered
584 Posts
+1 boostedjosh

my 03 is faster than I am. Why buy a faster bike? As much as I drool over the 07's, I cant justify dropping $9K+ on a new bike when I cant outride the one I have now.

K

·
0 Posts
the 07 is better than the 06, and the 08 is better than the 07.

its lighter, it features a much shorter rake angle, and has a better designed chassis for better feedback amongst other things. the swing arm is slightly longer making your straight line acceleration power a wee bit better.

you could probably shave some serious time if you switched over, but that's an aweful expensive 3 seconds. if it matters to you more than most other things (like, it PAYS better to be faster on a new machine ie contingency and podiums) then by all means, get an 08.

otherwise i agree... WHO THE FUK CARES?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Why should you get an 07? Because, my friend, 2006 is a thing of the past. You have to just let go... keep up with the current fad, jeez.
But really, just ignore them and worry about your own ride. They'll get over it

1 - 20 of 81 Posts