Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TRUST NO ONE
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05....did the 07 front master cylinder swap...a couple issues there, mostly related to clearance issues. Made a new bracket, bled the brakes, wrapped everything up...brakes work great, but now I have no turn signals, brake light or horn!...it really sucks!
I'm thinking due to the somewhat tight fit I may have screwed up the brake light switch or blew some fuse somewhere. Actually, it looks like the brake light is "stuck" on...the tail light looks really bright!.
I would really appreciate any advice on this issue, or if anyone has ever heard of any of these type of complications while doing this mod please HELP!!...
Thanks......

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
What, exactly, were your complications when mounting the MC? I'd def start with the fuses. They're under the left mid fairing.

If there's no blown fuses, its possible to be grounded somewhere. You say you wrapped everything up. Were you working with exposed wiring? If so, did you SEAL IT or just wrap it in electrical tape? Any condensation possibly get in?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Check your fuses, and then check the brake switch on the new m/c is actually doing its job...

·
TRUST NO ONE
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nico, not sure where to post this, hope it's ok here!....you gave me some advice recently...you and bullast,..regarding no turn signals,brake light, horn after a master cylinder swap...you guys were right it was a fuse...but you were spot on when you told me to check the m/c switch!...putting it back together I bent the 2 connectors and this messed things up internally....straightened it out, changed the fuse, voila!...thank you Nico...and Bullast too!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts