Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police identify victim in fatal Penfield accident

A Fairport woman was killed early Sunday morning after she was hit by a motorcycle, thrown off her bicycle and then run over by a motorist on Route 250 in Penfield.Heather Boyum, 40, was riding her bike in the shoulder at around 7:45 a.m. when she was hit by the motorcycle driven by Mark Scerbo and thrown off of the bike.
Witnesses told investigators that she hit the road and was then run over by a car driven by Scerbo’s girlfriend, 23-year-old Megan Merkel, who continued driving after the accident but was later stopped by Webster police. She was arrested for driving while intoxicated, and may face other charges.
Investigators say that Scerbo, 22, was driving his motorcycle in a reckless manner, speeding up and passing Merkel’s car and then slowing down and doing “wheelies.” Scerbo also was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital with serious injuries.
Boyum’s family declined to comment Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More information.

Police release ID on bicyclist killed in fatal bicycle/motorcycle/car crash in Penfield

Monroe County Sheriff's Deputies tell News10NBC they are investigating a fatal crash involving a bicycle, motorcycle and car that happened early Sunday morning in Penfield.

The crash happened on Route 250 around 7:45 a.m.

Sheriff’s deputies say the Megan Merkel, 23, of Ontario was driving northbound on Route 250 just south of the Webster line. Her boyfriend, Mark Scerbo II, 22, of Penfield, was riding his motorcycle in the same direction on Route 250. Sheriff's deputies say Scerbo was driving his motorcycle in a reckless manner; speeding up and passing Merkel's car, then slowing down and doing "wheelies".

Sheriff's deputies say Scerbo started to pass Merkel's car on the right shoulder when he struck Heather Boyum, of Perinton, who was riding her bicycle northbound on the right shoulder. Scerbo's motorcycle hit Boyum and she was thrown off of her bike. Witnesses say Scerbo struck the roadway and was run over by Merkle's car.

Merkel was arrested at the scene for DWI. Scerbo is currently at Strong Memorial Hospital with serious injuries. More charges are pending.

Route 250 is still closed between State Road and Marchner Road.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website www.whec.com.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Shes gonna go to prison for a long time. Give her a chance to think about doing stupid ****

·
Registered
663 Posts
That's just wrong. Out for a bike ride at 7.45 in the morning and get hit by a motorcycle then ran over by a car?

Jesus christ.

Vehicular manslaughter, both of them, if not more.

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
would that be considered hit and run? if so I hope they throw the book at her for leaving another human being laying on the ground after running her over...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats worse that squiddary, thats just criminal behavior. lock them both up for manslaughter and murder
I wanted to title it why not to ride like an A-hole, and while fitting, it seemed a bit inappropriate.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wow, what an idiot rider. And his girlfriend was drunk driving at 7:45 in the morning? What a couple of losers. Take away woman's life who was probably a mother and a wife. Now they're going to spend time in prison getting their beds + meals paid for by our tax dollars.

·
Registered
87 Posts
wow that is unbelievable. not only was she hit by a motorcycle but then ran over by the girlfriend of the guy who was riding. That's manslaughter especially considering she ran hope they get life.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Wow, what an idiot rider. And his girlfriend was drunk driving at 7:45 in the morning? What a couple of losers. Take away woman's life who was probably a mother and a wife. Now they're going to spend time in prison getting their beds + meals paid for by our tax dollars.
and that's wrong with society....people have it to easy in prison imo. i mean (from what i understand) they get tv, internet rights. other than they can't go outside the compound wheres the punishment?

·
Registered
573 Posts
It depends on the prison, but a lot of them are definitely easy stays. A good friend, began getting himself in trouble at age 18 (burglary, B&E stuff), and has been in and out of different prisons for the past 10 years. He said the prison in Ohio he was incarcerated at had Xbox tournaments, work programs, watch TV all day, and plenty of dope (heroin specifically). They even got paid a small wage for the work, and were able to spend that money on snacks, candy, drugs, and other goodies. He worked the road crew, and so he was even allowed to leave the prison for several hours a day.

He also said that the violence and fighting among prisoners is often done for entertainment, for fun. It isn't always gang related, or drug related. If you want to keep to yourself in prison, and avoid all that sort of thing then it's most definitely possible.

Of course your maximum security murder + rapist prisons aren't so easy, but there are certainly very easy prisons in this country.

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
What if she couldn't stop? I don't feel like she did it in purpose..

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Is it just me or do I read this as somebody was on a highway riding a bycicle in traffic? I think I'm wrong though
No, she was riding on the side of the highway. Then the drunk b!tch's dumbass boyfriend passed his girlfriend on the side of the road and hit the cyclist. From the way it sounds, he must have wiped out too, but didn't end up in the road to be run over (unfortunately).

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
What if she couldn't stop? I don't feel like she did it in purpose..

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
It probably is more her boyfriend's fault, but she was still driving drunk. :drunk:+:cruising:=:spank:

·
Registered
793 Posts
He was driving stupid and she was driving drunk, a perfect combination.

I really hope our resident "I can ride any way I want because I have a fast bike" crowd won't be chiming in defend this pair of idiots.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I live 5 minutes from where it happened. You have to be pretty stupid to to pass on that road, especially on the shoulder. Too bad there is no corporal punishment.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts