Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: This thread is not intended as a flaming thread.

This dude after buying a motorcycle:
01. Bought safety gears
02. Bought double bubble windscreen
03. Bought handlebar raisers
04. Bought suspension lowering kit
05. Bought kickstand for lowered suspension
06. Bought pinstripe for wheels
07. Bought frame sliders
08. Bought anodized led valve caps
09. Bought extended warranty
10. Now he's thinking of buying slip-on pipes

He bought items 1-9 within a period of 3 weeks from a dealer where he bought the motorcycle from. He also lets the dealer installed items 2-7 because he doesn't want to void the factory warranty.

It seems like every time he goes to this dealer he buys something. I keep telling him to stop buying, especially from a motorcycle dealer, but he just doesn't listen. I really feel sorry for him because this dealer keeps taking advantage of him. He doesn't make a lot of money and he keeps using his credit card for the items that he bought.

NOTE: I can understand for item 1 because they are absolutely needed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
1. Introduce him to EBAY and show him prices for everything that he wants.
2. Buy beer
3. Drink beer and tell him hes retarded, while helping him put bought items on bike.

:spank:

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Nothing to do with bikes. Your friend obviously has no impulse control about spending money and if it weren't the bike, it would be something else in all likelihood.

What you should be doing is encouraging to buy more in different colors that you can use. Maybe he won't notice when they "disappear."

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Nothing to do with bikes. Your friend obviously has no impulse control about spending money and if it weren't the bike, it would be something else in all likelihood.

What you should be doing is encouraging to buy more in different colors that you can use. Maybe he won't notice when they "disappear."

mental note when in italy, do not let maaku near the gear, hahaha,

just get the item your friend just bought and show him how much its going for on ebay, if he is like well I dont want to wait for shipping, then he likes to buy and have, to each his own bro, if he wants to spend stacks at the dealership so be it,

some people do that, others look to maximize their cash,

just show your buddy what he could have saved, and that he could have bought both of those items with what he paid, hopefully he sees it,

RIDE ON!

·
Registered
27 Posts
some of it may have something to do with buying on the internet. people hear stories about identity theft, internet scams, etc so they stay clear of almost EVERYTHING internet related. plus some people are really scared about voiding a warranty.

·
Registered
601 Posts
NOTE: This thread is not intended as a flaming thread.

This dude after buying a motorcycle:
01. Bought safety gears
02. Bought double bubble windscreen
03. Bought handlebar raisers
04. Bought suspension lowering kit
05. Bought kickstand for lowered suspension
06. Bought pinstripe for wheels
07. Bought frame sliders
08. Bought anodized led valve caps
09. Bought extended warranty
10. Now he's thinking of buying slip-on pipes

He bought items 1-9 within a period of 3 weeks from a dealer where he bought the motorcycle from. He also lets the dealer installed items 2-7 because he doesn't want to void the factory warranty.

It seems like every time he goes to this dealer he buys something. I keep telling him to stop buying, especially from a motorcycle dealer, but he just doesn't listen. I really feel sorry for him because this dealer keeps taking advantage of him. He doesn't make a lot of money and he keeps using his credit card for the items that he bought.

NOTE: I can understand for item 1 because they are absolutely needed.
I don't think your friends aftermarket list is that excessive. I'd almost say it looks standard, as far as number of items go, especially when you're talking about the riders on this forum.

The only thing I would suggest, just like everybody else mentioned, is stop buying from the dealership.

Even though he doesn't have much money, I think its better he blow his money on his bike instead of the bar or on a chick ;)

Bottom line, I know you're trying to look out for him, but if it makes him happy................

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the good input.

<What you should be doing is encouraging to buy more in different colors that you can use. Maybe he won't notice when they "disappear.">

LOL. Sorry bro, no can do.

<Bottom line, I know you're trying to look out for him, but if it makes him happy…………….>

You know world happiness is only temporary but I see your point.

If he's financially strong I wouldn't be starting this thread. You've got to live within your means (i.e., accessorizing motorcycle would be the last thing I would do if I don't have much cash).

I know using credit card is easy (can be addictive) but when the statement comes it's gonna be painful. It's even more painful if you will not be able to pay it in full because the interest rate on credit card is very high (double digits). And I doubt that he is able to pay it in full (I hope I am totally wrong on this).

The last thing you need is someone knocking your door to repossess your motorcycle because you can't pay the credit card.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I don't think your friends aftermarket list is that excessive. I'd almost say it looks standard, as far as number of items go, especially when you're talking about the riders on this forum.

The only thing I would suggest, just like everybody else mentioned, is stop buying from the dealership.

Even though he doesn't have much money, I think its better he blow his money on his bike instead of the bar or on a chick ;)

Bottom line, I know you're trying to look out for him, but if it makes him happy................
:+1: i think if i had the money at the time i would of blew a **** load onm mods myself. i dont think its THAT bad. but yeah avoid the dealers!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
"it is his money and he wants to spend it"

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
His bike, his money, speak your mind if you must but he has the freedom to ignore it.

I'd be like *shrugs*

·
Registered
404 Posts
Don't be jealous OP. Your friend is just excited to create the bike that he wants. I don't understand why people make threads about subjects that doesn't even affect them. Are you that bored?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Seems to me that the OP has a pretty intimate, not sexual just close, relationship with his buddy. Hell, the OP may have bailed him out of some money issues in the past so I can understand him looking out for him.

Also, technically it's not his money yet, he still has to pay for it(interest) and pay it back. He's borrowing the money against his credit, which sounds to be about or a little less than average considering his interest rates.

All of that being said, the best thing I can suggest and a good bonding experience with your buds(no homo) is to buy similar parts that he has bought, invite him over, have some beer/food and mod your bikes together. My car club used to do mod days and it built some of the strongest relationships I have ever had(more no homo).

Good looking out for your buddy. :shakehand

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems to me that the OP has a pretty intimate, not sexual just close, relationship with his buddy. Hell, the OP may have bailed him out of some money issues in the past so I can understand him looking out for him.

Also, technically it's not his money yet, he still has to pay for it(interest) and pay it back. He's borrowing the money against his credit, which sounds to be about or a little less than average considering his interest rates.

All of that being said, the best thing I can suggest and a good bonding experience with your buds(no homo) is to buy similar parts that he has bought, invite him over, have some beer/food and mod your bikes together. My car club used to do mod days and it built some of the strongest relationships I have ever had(more no homo).

Good looking out for your buddy. :shakehand

http://youtu.be/Uv7SUncOAAQ
Bro-mance

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<Seems to me that the OP has a pretty intimate, not sexual just close, relationship with his buddy.>

Dude, I live far away from the dude (he is my distant relative). So, I certainly would not go out of my way to socialize with him.

<I don't understand why people make threads about subjects that doesn't even affect them.>

Yes, it is:
1. Hinted him to get a ZX-14
2. Hinted him for the mods above

But I really didn't think he was gonna execute my hints.

But sh*t, apparently he's got good enough credit score to get a new ZX-14 and high limit on his credit card. Then his fuming wife called me and gave me the sh*t. So, I am fu&k.

Hey sop if you read the above, no Bro-mance here.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
1. Hinted him to get a ZX-14
2. Hinted him for the mods above

What, exactly, does this mean? You hinted him to get a ZX-14?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts