Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In this video, I explained why the CBR is such a great bike for new rider and first timer. One word, Reliable. As a new rider, working on a broken bike is the last thing anyone would want to do & if you're in a area where your riding season is limited, like in Alaska. You want to ride as much as you can in the summer, instead of being stuck wrenching on a broken bike, While the squads is out mashing the twists :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm middle-aged, the '04 I just bought is my first bike and I LOVE it. I took the 2-day MSF Basic Rider's Course, talked to many friends with bikes, and did lots of online research. I wanted a powerful, reliable, nice-looking bike and the CBR600RR was the best option. Would I put a young, inexperienced driver on this bike? Absolutely not. If you can't safely control a 4-wheeled ride then you have no business on 2-wheels. I already own a very powerful street vehicle and I have hundreds of hours of professional driver training... so I understand that it's all about respecting the power. The formula is simple: Ride to your ability. That's it. Be smart, be safe, and wear ATGATT! It's not rocket science but it does take common sense. Unfortunately, that is often in short supply in this world.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts