Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Wierd Electrical fault... Advise needed!

946 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Karl Rigby 
#1 · (Edited)
Weird Electrical fault... Advise needed!

2003 CBR600RR Australian model with HISS also fitted with Micron exhaust and power commander 3 USB.

problem with bike... it's running very rich to the point that it will foul up the plugs within 10 mins or so!

Mil code 1 (MAP Sensor Circuit)

If I disconnect the power commander I then get no fuel prime and Mil codes 1 MAP Sensor,7 ECT Sensor,8 TP Sensor And 9 IAT Sensor.

So basically I think there is some fault that affect all 4 codes.

unfortunately I have the American workshop manual and the wiring diagram is slightly different.

Any suggestions guys??

See less See more
#2 ·
Check the power and ground feeds to those sensors, chances are you've lost the ground.

#3 ·
Thanks Nico,

Just a quick update.
Managed to get hold of a Haynes workshop manual 2003 to 2006 so now have the missing wires for the HISS system ;)
I have removed the power commander! as I seem to be getting a false earth through the G/O wire at the TP sensor.
So now the wiring is back to stock the HISS lights stays on when ignition turn on and kill switch to run position.

I have tested the HISS system as per Haynes 4.31 section 48 through50 here are the results

48. Y/R 5.05v
49 0.9 reading for connectivity (something wrong here should be zero)
50 5.04v at pink wire

what do you think?

#4 · (Edited)
Update.
Cleaned blue and grey connectors
Cleaned black (kill switch) multi block connections
Cleaned clear (HISS) mulit block connections

HISS light now goes out with Ign turned on and fuel pump now primes (engine runs)

Now to figure out what is going wrong with the thermo fan not working!

Tested relay all OK
Checked for primary voltage at relay connector BL/W. 12V OK
Checked for secondary voltage at relay BU/O from fuse 12V OK
Bridged relay BU/O to BL/BU (power from bat to fan) fan works.
Checked continuity from fan relay connector G/BU to pin 20 (black) ECU multi block. OK
Checked continuity from black ECU multi block pin 4 and pin 18 to earth both OK
Checked continuity from G/O at ECT to earth OK
Checked for voltage at ECT connector P/W 5.04V
Temp gauge is working so guess I don't need to test the G/BU ECT to gauge.
Pulled ECT out and checked at 80C and 120C both in spec.
Checked ECT resistance at 20C also in spec.

Running out of things to test! and also idea's except opening a bottle of Malt Whisky!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.